Tuesday, 10 January 2017

Travels With Chuckles: Lancaster Castle

 

We had the devil's own job finding the place. We drove around and around the city centre loop vainly searching for a sign that said castle and not seeing anything. We finally tried following a sign for something that looked like a cathedral and ended up in a residential area. A nice woman gave us excellent directions and minutes later we got there. So if you come into the city, head for the hospital in the city centre. Keeping it on your left as you drive through the city centre, turn left at Waterstones and the castle is up to your right. Lancaster, you need better road signs!!! So in we went and it was free to view all the buildings inside the gate. You only paid for the tour of the castle rooms which we don't bother with.


I had my boy Dylan with me for this trip and he was particularly interested in the prison!




Here are a few more photos of the beautiful and historical buildings inside the castle gates.





Being a big fan of the Tudor and War of the Roses part of history, it was great to get the chance to visit the castle! I love castles! I couldn't get a good photo of the castle entrance due to building work which was a shame but I did get to see a castle resident...



A fun morning out and the weather was beautiful! It was worth the trouble it took to find the place...

6 comments:

  1. What a fun outing! I love those photos, and I'm so glad you had a good time! I LOVE castles too, and I'd love to visit this one :)
    I am also a huge Tudor fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try to see some castles on my travels! I just love the look of them and the feel of history around them...thinking about famous people who were there before you...

      Delete
  2. Great pictures and it looks like an awesome place. I just LOVE Dylan so give him hugs from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dylan sends big smoochies and cuddles to Auntie Barb! I just have to take one of my boys with me when I go on holiday or even just day trips. It makes for some good photos!

      Delete
  3. I soooo want to visit a castle! This is awesome to see the pictures. :) Thank you for sharing these with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing the Uk has is great castles! I enjoy getting the chance to visit as many as I can!

      Delete