Saturday, 21 January 2017

Stacking the Shelves #165


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't follow you back, sorry! (see below why I say NO)

Authorize DISQUS to use your account?
Disqus is a service and tool for web comments and discussions.
This application will be able to:
*Read Tweets from your timeline.
*See who you follow, and follow new people.
*Update your profile.
*Post Tweets for you.


I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus or Facebook account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus or joining Facebook so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!

Another week goes by and we're already deep into January. My reading is going well and I'm still feeling enthusiastic about my reading, which is good. I need to start deciding what I want to read next month...probably a series catch up, more ebooks and maybe a couple of stand alone paperbacks to get some shelf space back. This week on the book buying side of things, I grabbed some paperbacks from authors I like to get up to date on a few series (The Red and Ranger series both look good plus the 9th book in the Countdown to Armageddon series!), plus a couple of other books I wanted to grab. I plan to start watching The Walking Dead season four on Sunday so I feel as if I'm slowly getting somewhere with my TV watching compared to last year! Just need to get in the mood to watch some films from time to time!

DOWNLOADS:

These are books that I received free through author newsletters so thank you to the authors involved! Very much appreciated!


PAPERBACKS:









NETGALLEY:

Thank you to Headline and Netgalley for these two review titles!


  



















 
 

33 comments:

  1. I'm glad your reading's going well! And wow, that is a lot of books, enjoy! I'm dying to read Fantastic Beasts :)
    Hope you have a lovely week ahead!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got it two weeks ago and keep forgetting to post it! The book is beautiful and I so want to see the film!

      Delete
  2. I want to pick up the screenplay to Fantastic Beasts so bad. It's so pretty even under the covers and it has drawn pictures....may be on my shelf soon ;) Great haul. My Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll be watching the film before I look at the screenplay...want to see the onscreen action first!

      Delete
  3. You got a lot of incredible books. I really need to pick up fantastic beasts. Have a great week.

    Megan @reading away the

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Megan, good to see you again! I think everyone is obsessed with Fantastic Beasts...I so hope it lives up to the hype!

      Delete
  4. wow! You got lots of books this week! Can never go wrong with The Fantastic beasts and where to find them! I haven't heard of any of the others but goodreads is about to get a lot more TBR books!!

    Amber @ Paradise of Pages
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've given up on restraint Amber...now I'm going to BUY ALL THE BOOKS! And make others overload their tbrs if I can. If I'm going down, I'm taking everyone with me!

      Delete
  5. Nice haul - F. Paul Wilson is a fantastic read, and The Keep is one of his best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it! It's been a while since I read the monster side of vampires. I'm glad I stumbled upon this during Vampire Week!

      Delete
  6. I’m glad your reading is going well. Ararat looks like my kind of book. I love mountain survival stories. Enjoy your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first I've requested on Netgalley for about 3 years I think so I was surprised to get it but I liked the sound of the plot!

      Delete
  7. I really want Fantastic Beasts in my collection. I don't know if I'll actually read it, but it's SO BEAUTIFUL *.*

    Happy Reading!
    Yasmine @ Swissbookworm
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have a beautiful cover doesn't it? I love all things Harry Potter so I had to get this one. Sorry I can't leave a comment on your blog...see my DISQUS policy above. Have a great weekend though and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. I didn't know that Allison Weir had a new book coming out about the Tudors and Anne Bolelyn. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whole new series! I haven't had the chance to read the Katherine of Aragon book yet but I've read enough of Henry VIII to be able to read them out of order!

      Delete
  9. Can't wait to See your thoughts on Ararat. Did you see Demon With a Comb-Over is being reissued and is available on Netgalley again? I know you wanted to read it. Hope you like season 4. They still all run together in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be watching it just a couple of episodes at a time as I really want to increase my reading time tonight and get a couple of shortet books done. I might have to check Netgalley for that as I do want to read it...thanks for the heads up!

      Delete
  10. That's a great haul! All of your books are new to me, with the exception of Fantastic Beasts. I love that cover. :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have an awesome weekend. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my disaster reads are Indie and self published so they are new to most people...I have an entire shelf of Darrell Maloney to enjoy this year which I'm looking forward to with five different series!

      Delete
  11. Fantastic Beasts! I saw the movie back in December and loved it. So I really want to own that book. The cover is just so beautiful. *heart eyes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing the film when the dvd comes out...I hear the nifflers are cute!

      Delete
  12. I hate the Google+ thing as there are blogs I'd love to comment on but can't since I won't join. Sigh. anyway January is flying! Ascendance and tRackers both look good. And Ararat- wooh hoo! I'm curious about that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Greg, it's really annoying not to be able to just leave a comment or follow a blog without being subjected to opening accounts and handing control of your social media to third parties. I've had to avoid some really good looking blogs because of it. I hope to be starting the two Netgalley books next week and get a review up by the start of next month. That's the plan anyway!

      Delete
  13. I really want to get Fantastic Beasts! I never ended up getting to see it in the theater either. I hope you enjoy it and all of your other new books. Glad to hear your reading is going well for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never go to the cinema these days because of the cost though on a rare occasion my dad treats me to a visit. The last one I saw was the final Harry Potter film I think!

      Delete
  14. Awesome haul this week! I noticed that you have a couple of NetGalley books on your list this week. The Allison Weir books looks interesting. I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I last read a Netgalley book years ago but I keep the stats updated every few months and saw the Alison Weir book and decided to try a request. I was surprised to be accepted for both books so I might request occasionally if I see something I really want to try. I have too many of my own books to read to go overboard!

      Delete
  15. I don't watch much TV, but you reminded me that I have to check when Suits starts back up again since that's the one show I do watch.

    And you got lots of book this week! I have to admit, some of them don't look like what I'm used to seeing on your blog. But ooh, the screenplay for Fantastic Beasts, I'm tempted to give that a read myself. I haven't even seen the movie though lol, I've just heard good things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sci-fi themed books are a bit didderent from the usual reads but I did read part of Saul Tanpepper's zombie book before my previous ereader died on me and I liked his storytelling and figured he was worth a try free! Don't be fooled by the covers for Red and Ranger...the Darrell Maloney books are apocalypse books!

      Delete
  16. I requested Ararat too, it sounds right up my alley. I love horror/thriller novels that take place in cold settings like high up on a mountain or in the arctic, just something so deliciously creepy about them.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this kind of setting for horror books too. The isolation always adds a new element of danger! I'm not a huge fan of the author which is my one concern!

      Delete
  17. Glad to hear you're still feeling enthusiastic about your reading. I've been in a pretty good reading mood for a while now. Those newsletter freebies are always nice.

    ReplyDelete