Monday, 30 January 2017

Chuckles Cover Love #11


If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all. 

This week I'm looking at a really beautiful set of fantasy books. I haven't read them but I do have the first book and plan to give the series a try! It's a departure from the usual books I read but I want to love them so I can buy these gorgeous books in paperback...





































Have you read the series? What do you think of the covers? Which do you like the best?                                                                    

16 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series, but OH MY WORD those covers are GORGEOUS!!! I just adore the colour scheme, and those outfits are amazing too :)
    WOW. I love it.

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these covers! I always like nice shades of blue, purple, pink and red so I loved these!

      Delete
  2. Wow what awesome covers. My favorite is The Dark Queen closely followed by The Ice Queen. I don't think I've seen this before so I may check them out once I see a review or two from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE purple covers! I'm not sure when I'll get round to reading it though-would probably be Easter at the earliest I think!

      Delete
    2. That's Ok. It's not like my TBR is short or something :)

      Delete
  3. Those are some beautiful covers. I hope the insides are just as great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantasy books always seem to do the best covers!

      Delete
  4. I have not read them yet either but man they DO look beautiful! I'm having a hard time picking JUST ONE! :( I'll go with the Magic Queen I guess. Looking forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why covers are so important...if you saw this on a bookshelf you'd grab it to admire its beauty and then you might be enticed by the blurb to buy. A great cover is so important!

      Delete
  5. I've always loved the covers for this series. I own like the first three ebooks even though I've never read them because I just couldn't resist the covers when they went on sale, haha. I had to stop myself from buying the 4th one too when it went on sale recently :-P And course my favorite is the red one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was very rich, I'd buy paperbacks of these books and AG Howards books just for display purposes! I've got the first book on the ereader and if I like that, I might grab them all...

      Delete
  6. Oh those are beautiful covers. I love how the colors are bright and different with each one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very vivid aren't they! The colours are great and I like the different scenes on each cover.

      Delete
  7. I've actually never noticed before, but snow globes are a VERY popular motif in the fantasy book covers.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow globes can be really pretty and these are a great example. I could look at these beauties all day!

      Delete