Monday, 2 January 2017

Chuckles 2017 E-Book Blitz


Owls are wise right? So when Mr Owl says that 2017 is time to tackle my e-book pile, I think I better listen to him! This year I really need to reduce the pile of bargain books so I'm having an ebook blitz through the entire year. It doesn't matter how many I finish or how many I DNF as long as I get them off the TBR!

Each month I'll select the ebooks that I want to read and will do a mid month update and monthly review of how I did, kind of the way I do my monthly round ups at the moment. If I can fit in extra I'll add them to the list as I go along. If you are also tackling ebooks feel free to share your progress on these posts! As we stand, my current 'I own them all' tbr is 917. 

The Chosen Ones:
1 Justin Sloan-Teddy Bears and the Christmas Pirates
2 Robert Hodam-The Ark
3 James Hunt-Static #1
4 James Hunt-Static #2
5 Hugo Navikov-Spinosaurus
6 Jason McPherson-Dead Ascent
7 AR Shaw-The China Pandemic
8 Sam Sisavath-Purge of Babylon
9 Nathan Jones-Fuel
10 Devon C Ford-Survival
11 Joelle Charbonneau-The Testing Guide
12 Lesley Jepson-The Secret
13 Robert J Crane-Called
14 Stephen Knight-Preparing for the dead
15 Stephen Knight-Waiting for the dead
16 Stephen Knight-Fighting the dead
17 Jasmine Walt-Burned by magic
18 Caethes Faron-Magic Born
19 Tricia Owens-Descended from dragons
20 Ella Summers-Magic Edge
21 Rachel Rawlings-The Morrigna
22 Ben Reeder-Exodus
23 JR Rain-The dead detective
24 LG Estrella-Unconventional heroes
25 Alexandra Engellmann-Sky Ghosts
26 Viktor Zarkov-Megatooth
27 Boyd Craven III-Agony of the World
28 George RR Martin-Knight of the Seven Kingdoms
29 Eldritch Black-Night of the Christmas Letter Getters
30 Morgan Nyberg-The Fixer
31 Robert Brown-The last blade of grass
32 Andrew Cunningham-Eden Rising
33 David Nelson-The Journey
34 Andrew Baze-The Road Home
35 Albert Yates-The Dead Rising

Yes 35 looks like a lot but most are under 200 pages, some under 100 and I doubt I will finish every book so DNFs will be there! I'm hopeful of getting through them all in a month. In some cases I grabbed a few in the series at the same time and added them to Goodreads so if I choose not to continue with a series I start here, I can delete the sequels from Goodreads as well, further reducing the tbr. That's the plan anyway!

10 comments:

  1. OH yeah, my free e-books that are on my TBR is a ridiculous amount! I need to work on them too. And I do, slowly but surely. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll need some luck to do real damage to the total this year!

      Delete
  2. Great goals! I recognize some of the titles on your list. I'm sure you'll do great and me and the pups can't wait to see some of your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got my Iron Druid and other things ready to post after Vampire Week! I'm too organised this year so far-it's not normal!

      Delete
  3. 917? That's all? lol I'm joking. This is a great idea! I see some there I want to read. I liked the Charbonneau book I read so I've been wondering about and Knight of the I read the individual stories but it's been a while, and I haven't read them in the collected edition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Charbonneau book was a waste of time in the end. It adds nothing to the story as a prequel so I'd recommend going straight to The Testing. That was a good book! I hope to finish the trilogy this year and also read Need.

      Delete
  4. I started working on my Kindle books late in the year and managed to read and review a bunch. I've now made it a major part of my goals this year. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can get through a good amount of these ebooks this year, my overall total should go down a fair bit. That's the plan anyway!

      Delete
  5. Wow! This is a great goal. I am impressed. I am pretty sure that I have 3 times as many books on my kindle and most of them I actually bought. I need an intervention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how many of the 917 tbrs are ebooks but I need to make a big hole in them as I seem to read these faster than paperbacks. If I get all of this month's targets done, it gets me off to a good start!

      Delete