Monday, 16 January 2017

Chuckles Cover Love #10


If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all. 

This week I'm going to look at a GORGEOUS set of covers that some of you will be very familiar with...AG Howard take a bow!



These books are beautiful! I read the first one and felt underwhelmed by it because I didn't like the male MC very much. So sadly I was not able to purchase the rest of them to look at and croon softly to as I stroked their shiny covers...I see that the author is keeping up the same standard of cover with the Phantom of the Opera story below...


What do you think of the covers? Does anyone plan to read or have read Roseblood?

18 comments:

  1. OH YES I ADORE THESE COVERS! Awesome choices! They're so beautiful and colourful and vibrant and I LOVE them :)
    I still need to read the last book in the Splintered series, and I'm also dying to read Roseblood. As a huge phan, I can't wait to see Howard's take on Phantom of the Opera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful artwork isn't it? I'd like to read a book about the Phantom but never really researched what is out there.

      Delete
  2. I agree, those are some of the most beautiful covers I've seen. I haven't read any of her books but I have a few of them kicking around (story of my life).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the kind of covers you just want to buy even when the book doesn't interest you, so you can frame it and stare at it...!

      Delete
  3. I have always loved these covers. I know I own the first three but the second one is my fave cover-wise PURPLE! I just ordered Rose Blood as a birthday present to myself. Hope it's good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The purple one is my favourite as well. I just love purple covers especially fused with pink or shocking blue! I'll be interested in your opinion of Roseblood.

      Delete
  4. I do have to agree that a cover means a lot! Although it really shouldn't xD but I've also bought books by cover in the past, so can't judge others xD
    That first set of covers is lovely indeed! However, I somehow never liked the cover of Roseblood. I don't know, maybe it's that half of her face looks a little crooked because of the mask..?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Covers are important in persuading us to lift the book up to see what it's about. It certainly makes me look twice at a book! Roseblood does have that creepy edge to it because of the angle of the mask doesn't it?

      Delete
  5. I haven't read this series but I do love these covers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always loved these covers! So gorgeous. I have yet to read any of the books, but I want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was annoyed at not loving the first one as it meant not buying the other beauties!

      Delete
  7. Yeah these books have the best covers. I don't who the cover designer is or why we're not seeing more of these, but they do rock. I think Untamed or Splintered might be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great cover designer for sure. I'd love to see zombie covers like this!

      Delete
  8. Yep, I've seen these books about, they have very striking covers though I'm not sure if inside would float my boat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the actual story wasn't my thing but can't argue with the covers!

      Delete
  9. Love these covers too. So whimsical. But haven't been moved to actually read any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hardly go near YA fantasy but the books in general in the genre have great covers.

      Delete