Sunday, 8 January 2017

Share Recommendations #1: Vampires!


Welcome to Chuckles Recommendations! Each week I'll select a different topic and share a few of my favourite books related to the topic and then invite everyone who visits the post to recommend their favourite books related to the theme and new books that they have discovered that the rest of us might not have heard of. Hopefully we'll get the chance to chat about good books and maybe discover some new reads to enjoy. Please feel free to recommend as many books as you want in either one comment box or several boxes! The more recs the merrier!

Lets start off the new year with some vampires! Whether you like them scary or sparkly, romantic or evil, lets talk some fang action! 


OK I'm not a romantic vampire kind of person so I enjoy vampires in a horror or urban fantasy setting the most but I'm putting up a range of vampires for your enjoyment! We have historical, romance, kickass, young adult and pure horror! Hopefully you'll enjoy some of these books! There will also be Retro Read reviews of other vampire books this week so look out for that!

Have you read any of these books and enjoyed them? I'm always happy to have you share your opinions on the books but remember to leave your own vampire recommendations as well, and check out the comments for more ideas!







10 comments:

  1. I loved Matheson's I Am Legend. One book I would recommend is Ray Garton's Live Girls. It's probably my favorite vampire novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Live Girls was added to my tbr recently...it sounds interesting! I am Legend was a pretty good read though I didn't like the ending but that's just me! I'm a bit picky at times!

      Delete
  2. I read most of the Vampire Support Group and for the life of me, can't remember why I didn't finish. I did like what I read though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't normally like humourous vampires but this group were so pathetic that I just had to like them! I plan to read the werewolf follow up at some point! When I do werewolf week, that could be a lot of recs!

      Delete
    2. I can't wait for werewolf week!

      Delete
    3. No set date for it yet but it should be fun!

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of many of these before now but one caught my eye and is one of my favorites, Vampire Academy. I just got a friend interested in reading it so now I just have to sit back and wait for her to read and hopefully love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read and liked the first one but for some reason, I didn't follow through and finish the series. I'll have to go back and try it again at some point. I liked the characters and the whole idea of it.

      Delete
  4. I like all kinds of vampires, although honestly, I do like Twilight, but don't really feel like it counts as a true vampire story. My favorites are the Anne Rice series, Sookie Stackhouse series, Vladimir Tod series by Brewer, those are the main ones, I'd have to go look at my list of all the books I'd read to pick any others. Great list though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The great thing about vampires is there are so many variations and stories-something to suit most people. I do like my vampires with lots of blood and action though!

      Delete