Thursday, 5 January 2017

Bad Chuckles Does Some Book Grabbing...

I started the New Year with high hopes of restraining myself and not going on major book grabs, whether they were free or not. Alas on day five of the year, I have cracked! I admit it, I'm weak and pathetic and a failure but I have 100 books to show for it! In ONE DAY! ONE HUNDRED!!! When Chuckles loses control, Chuckles doesn't do it by half! I feel a bit sick thinking of it yet somewhat hyper and feeling that book buzz too...

It's not my fault!!! I got a handful of free books from authors and checked some of their other work and got THAT free and then there were all these cool sounding book anthologies free, just to try a few new authors y'know...and yes the total actually is 100ish. In my defence some are short story anthologies and in mitigating circumstances I swear, Your Honour, that I paid £3 total for the whole lot! That's ok isn't it? ISN'T IT???!!! *rips manically at hair*

*sigh* Happy New Year Mr TBR...

10 comments:

  1. If you can get 100 books that cheaply, I say go for it. That’s an accomplishment.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy about the price but I'm horrified for my tbr!

      Delete
  2. One hundred? That's all? lol I agree with Aj got for it. Free is free- no shame. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a disappointing day huh! I admit I had a major book buzz as I grabbed that lot. It'll take me weeks to load that onto Goodreads and STS!

      Delete
  3. The problem? Really, I don't see a problem. Sounds awesome and there are worse addictions right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to feel guilty but finding it hard! I got a few more newsletters with freebies today that sound good...arrgghh! They might need to wait for a different STS!

      Delete
  4. Holy cow. You've been so very bad. LOL I did grab about six today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm a bad chuckles...but it is fun! It is exciting when offers for freebies come in the email!

      Delete
  5. Eh, what's the point in feeling guilty? Finding 'em made you happy! Stick to that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah but it stops me re-reading my favourites! I can't justify fun re-reads with such a huge tbr and I so want to read The Hunger Games again!

      Delete