Tuesday, 31 January 2017

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!  

Please note that I do not allow third party companies like DISQUS access to my blog or social media so if you use that, I can't follow you or comment on your blog or posts. Sorry! This is why I won't give DISQUS my details, for those who have asked:

"Authorize DISQUS to use your account? Disqus is a service and tool for web comments and discussions. This application will be able to:
*Read Tweets from your timeline.
*See who you follow, and follow new people. 
*Update your profile.
*Post Tweets for you." Um, NO WAY, NOPE, NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!


This week is ANOTHER topic that I'm not interested in: Graphic Novels, Comics and Picture Books. I don't read any of these genres and it's becoming quite annoying having to invent my own topics every darn week. I'm going with ten books made into films that I want to see.


1) Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them
The Harry Potter fan is me really wants to see the film, especially the nifflers which I've heard so much about! I have the screenplay but before I get to that I need to see the film when it gets its dvd release.

2) The Girl With All The Gifts
I really liked this book and was excited to know that it was going to be a film. I didn't know until Sunday that it is already out on DVD so I snagged my copy yesterday and hope to watch it sometime this week!

3) The Hunger Games
I have all the films but I've only actually seen the first film once! I plan to binge watch the four films over a weekend once I motivate myself to get on with it. It's going to make me want to reread the books as well...

4) Bigfoot Wars
Books with Bigfoot just greatly appeal to me and I've wanted to read these books for ages. I haven't had the chance but I just had to snag the film when it came out. Not sure whether to go with book or film first now but want to do both!

5) The Mist
I haven't read the book or seen the film but it is exactly the kind of thing that really appeals to me. I'm not sure that I have the book but I certainly have the film and hope to get to it at some point soon.

6) The 33
The story of the Chile miners trapped underground had me glued to the news watching their rescue. I haven't read the book but would like to and I certainly want to see the film. Plus, it has Antonio Banderas so what more could you want!

7) IT
A new version of my all time favourite book by Stephen King is being made and will be released later this year! Am I excited? Oh yes! Really looking forward to seeing what they do with it! I'm hoping for great things!

8) Meg
I haven't read the books but I do have them on my ereader ready to binge read but I am very excited about this one! I LOVE sharks and I can't get enough of books and films about sharks so looking forward to watching this.

9) The Hobbit
I've seen the first two films based on the book but haven't had the chance to watch the Five Armies one yet. I prefer the LOTR adaptations but still want to find time to get this watched. I've not got much time to spare at the moment!

10) The Forest of Hands and Teeth
Can I say how long I have been wanting to see this made into a film? At last it is in pre-production with Maisie Williams (Game of Thrones Arya Stark) in the lead role. I like the idea of her as Mary and just want to see it now!  

18 comments:

  1. I never get round to watching things, somehow! I'm terrible. But books...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exactly the same. I think I watched five films in the last year and about the same the year before! I can't seem to sit still long enough to watch anything though I can read for hours...weird!

      Delete
  2. We actually watched The Girl With All the Gifts over the weekend. It was pretty good. I still need to read the book and will since there is a sequel being released, so I don't know how they compare, but it was very interesting and the lead little girl did an awesome job. I can't wait for the new IT either! I didn't really like The Forest of Hands and Teeth but Maisie Williams would do an awesome job with it so maybe I'll enjoy the movie better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea to a sequel! I liked the first book and I'm hearing good things about the film so I need to watch it as soon as I can. I think the film of Hands and Teeth will be faster moving than the book so there should be zombie fun!

      Delete
  3. The Mist is one of my favorite Stephen King adaptations. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad liked it but I'm so far behind on getting stuff watched...too many books to deal with! I do like the sound of The Mist though.

      Delete
  4. I still haven't sen the last Hunger Games movie! And I've haven't seen ANY of the Hobbit movies- I know right? As big a Tolkien fan as I am- crazy! Although I've heard mixed things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first film had a lot of funny bits with Bilbo getting irate over his visitors manners, the troll scene and of course, the brilliant Riddles in the Dark sequence. I liked the action in the second one which has seriously scary spiders in it and the barrel run was good. I do think they are a bit long in places though.

      Delete
  5. I know what you mean about the TTT topic. I'm not into graphic novels either. I ended up doing picture books I read to my boys. :) My TTT

    I just saw Fantastic Beasts a few weeks ago, and loved it! Looking forward to the next installment. Definitely skipping IT. I read the book (it's great, but I think the scariest Stephen King), and Tim Curry freaked me out enough in the TV movie that I don't think I need to see a new version. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim Curry was the perfect Pennywise wasn't he? I love my horror films so I'm hoping for a scary new version! I've heard a lot of good things about Fantastic Beasts and it is ages to wait for the dvd!

      Delete
  6. hmmm...sorry if I post twice. Something seems to have gone wrong when I tried the first time?
    I know what you mean about the TTT topic - I am not into graphic novels either. I ended up doing my post on favorite picture books I read to my boys when they were little. My TTT

    I just saw Fantastic Beasts a few weeks ago, I loved it. I'm looking forward to the next installment! I will not be watching IT. I loved the book (I think it is probably the scariest Stephen King novel), but Tim Curry's portrayal of the clown in the TV movie was enough for me. I don't need to see it again. :) Probably even scarier this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All comments are personally moderated at The Book Cave so it generally takes a few hours or maybe the next day before I have time to get to new comments. No need to delete anything, it's perfectly ok! It's always nice to get some comments!

      Delete
  7. Since I listened to the audio version of The Girl With All the Gifts last year, I'd love to see the movie version of this book.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:
    https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/01/top-ten-tuesday-top-eleven-coffee-table.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that I feel like watching it this weekend...I'm really looking forward to it!

      Delete
  8. I'm really excited for The Girl with all the Gifts movie. I loved the book, but I'm going to also keep my hype in check, since so often I am disappointed to novel-to-film adaptations.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to keep from getting too excited when a book we love is given the film treatment! I hope they do justice to this one!

      Delete
  9. Great choice of topic! I actually did the same thing this week, Book to Movie adaptations I want to see :)
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/31/top-ten-tuesday-94/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just been over to your TTT! Like you, I figured this topic fitted into the visual side of things!

      Delete