Thursday, 5 January 2017

Chuckles 2017 Series Read Challenge


Every year I promise to catch up on the book series that have been sitting on my shelves brooding for years. Last year I did actually manage to deal with a few which is better than I've done in the last four years combined! Now it is time to look forward with excitement to getting more series completed! January is an ebook month so I'll be tackling these from February.

PRIORITY:
These are the series that I MUST get caught up with this year!

1) Rachel Caine-The Morganville Vampires
status-read book 1 but need to reread it and whole series. 16 books! Gulp!

2) Michael Stephen Fuchs-Arisen
status-read 1-4, need to read 5-12 and two prequel novels.

3) Darrell Maloney-Countdown to Armageddon
status-read book 1 but will reread it and the other 7.

4) Jennifer Estep-Elemental Assassin series
status-read book 1 and I'm terrified by how many books are coming out in this series!

5) Carrie Vaughn-Kitty Norville
status-read book 1, re-read this and finish series. 14? Something like that.

6) Rob Thurman-Cal Leandros series
status-read all 10 out so far and short stories.

Every other series I have comes under 'want to catch up with'. Just looking at them all is depressing! I need to put much more effort into catching up!

8 comments:

  1. I love themed months, I used to do those too and found it was the easiest way to catch up on my TBR pile. This year I'm trying not to start any new series books until I read all of the already released finales. Good luck getting through those series Chuckles, looking forward to seeing your progress! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be getting stuck into these series starting in February and I need to get them all done by December and a lot earlier if possible. I've got so many unfinished series and then these new ones keep coming out! I hope to maybe get one tackled in February if I'm lucky but it's a start! I think I'm going to need that luck...

      Delete
  2. I read a few in the Kitty Norville series and the first in the Morganville Vampires. I remember liking both, but I got behind and then they seemed so overwhelming. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very overwhelming when they glare down off the bookshelves at me! If I can get these longer series done first it should feel easier to then tackle the shorter ones...I hope!

      Delete
  3. I have so many different series that I need to finish reading. Some I bought and still need to start! Good luck with this challenge, I have some of these on my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to add the ones I'd like to finish to the list but it would've taken three full blog posts there are so many! If I can tackle these big series the rest should be cake!

      Delete
  4. I am the absolute worst at finishing a series. I wish you luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete