Tuesday, 17 January 2017

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!  

Please note that I do not allow third party companies like DISQUS access to my blog or social media so if you use that, I can't follow you or comment on your blog or posts. Sorry! This is why I won't give DISQUS my details, for those who have asked:

"Authorize DISQUS to use your account? Disqus is a service and tool for web comments and discussions. This application will be able to:
*Read Tweets from your timeline.
*See who you follow, and follow new people. 
*Update your profile.
*Post Tweets for you." Um, NO WAY, NOPE, NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!


This week's topic is ANOTHER review of last year. Guys, I did all my review posts at the end of last year and have no desire to repeat them 17 days into a new year. I've moved on! I don't want to look back any more! Onwards! etc... So here are Ten Wishlist books I want to buy this year!
 
1) Alison Weir-Katherine of Aragon
I love The Tudors and seeing another series of books started about the six wives...cannot say no! Just waiting to get my hands on a paperback copy! 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26236852-katherine-of-aragon-the-true-queen 

2) Craig Oliver-Unleashing Demons: The Inside Story of Brexit
I feel I've been waiting AGES for this already. Waiting again for the paperback edition to be released so I can grab it. 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31847328-unleashing-demons 
  

3) John D Randall-The Yellowstone Conundrum
I spent all of last year looking for a copy of the first book in this series and I'll do the same this year as it sounds like a great megavolcano disaster story.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18137265-the-yellowstone-conundrum 

4) MC Magill-Last Alive
I like my family surviving the apocalypse books and this one sounds like just my thing! I would like to read it this year if I can find it.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32491150-last-alive

5) Nicholas Sansbury Smith-Hell Divers
I loved his zombie books and now we have a series about brave scavengers jumping from airships in the aftermath of WWIII to get supplies and battle monsters? Oh YES!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29343106-hell-divers

6) Darrell Maloney-Red
Another apocalypse series focused this time on a woman determined to survive the apocalypse without becoming a victim. Love this author, want to try this. 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25454298-red 

7) JA Cipriano-Pound of Flesh 
Half cop half demon who likes to chomp on the bad guys while saving the innocent and the city? Get the feeling this should be a film or TV series!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32787078-pound-of-flesh 

8) Jeff DeGordick-Fall of Man 
A woman and her eight year old son have to face 100 miles of zombies, cannibals, lunatics and bandits to reach a safe place. Zombie road trip!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33071454-the-fall-of-man 

9) David P Forsyth-Deluge of the Dead 
I've been waiting on a paperback copy of this book for YEARS now and the author was nice enough to reply and say he might release it when the next one comes out. There's hope!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16281256-deluge-of-the-dead 

10) Stuart R West-Demon with a Comb-Over 
Never make fun of demons who have a comb-over or they might just decide that you and your family are going to Hell. Loved the idea of this one!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28800423-demon-with-a-comb-over 

26 comments:

  1. I've heard Alison Weir is very good (and readable) and I've been wanting to try one of her historicals, so it's nice to see this coming out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like my Tudor fiction and can never resist a new series!

      Delete
  2. I need to read some more Alison Weir books! I have a couple, but... finding the time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a big ass book which worries me a bit! I'm not great on long books these days unless they are really good!

      Delete
  3. Well you know I really liked Demon with a Comb-Over. Thanks to your list, I just added Hell Divers and Pound of Flesh to my wishlist. Guess that's what friends are for huh - enabling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely sounds good. I bought Hell Divers on Amazon an hour ago...*embarrassed shuffle* I plan to get everyone elses tbrs skyrocketing this year! Heh!

      Delete
    2. You're starting off right then!

      Delete
  4. I have not heard of any of these titles before but some of them sound rather interesting. Glad you enjoyed them, thanks for spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you saw something that interested you Eve! So many great books out there looking for a new home...*giggles*

      Delete
  5. I haven't read a book about the Tudors yet, which is really weird considering I love the history of that era. So I'd love to read Katherine of Aragon sometime too. It sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Tudors-I started with Philippa Gregory and Jean Plaidy then on to Brandy Purdy aka Emily Purdy and tons more. Check out my Tudor shelf if you're on Goodreads for ideas!

      Delete
  6. OMG Chuckles BUY HELL DIVERS!!! I'm reading it now and it's SUPER GOOD!!! Hell yes! Love that book to pieces!

    I think I'd like to read about Brexit too.

    You like your zombies huh??? I like zombie movies but not books [weirdo me] . My shelves are ZOMBIE FREE zone LOL Glad to know Nicholas' other books have zombies! UGH

    I see you are into apocalyptic like me :) have you read "Life as we Knew it" ? Holy S$%#! SOOOO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *giggles* So, good book huh! Actually I could no longer resist and bought it after putting the post up! I love all kinds of apocalypse books and you'll see lots here on the blog...yea! Yeah the Hell Divers author did a great zombie series but also has just brought out a new apocalypse series called Trackers plus another alien series called Orbs. They might appeal to you if you like his writing. I haven't read either of them yet.

      Delete
  7. Wow, all of your books in your post this week are new to me and they look good!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/01/top-ten-tuesday-ten-underratedhidden.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really must get my hands on them this year!

      Delete
  8. I love Alison Weir's writing! It's fantastic. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to snag Anne Boleyn from Netgalley this morning...yea! First book I've requested from there in over 2 years!

      Delete
  9. I haven't read any of those authors and am looking forward to your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be a while before I actually get most of the books! I snapped and got my hands on two of them since I posted this!

      Delete
  10. I am so curious about Nicholas Sansbury Smith's Hell Divers! I didn't he had a zombie series too. I have his Orbs trilogy on my shelf that I need to get to sometime, have you read that by any chance and know if it's any good?

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of his work except the first of his zombies series. I've grabbed Hell Divers and his new apocalypse novel Trackers. I don't have Orbs as I don't read much sci-fi but might try it at some point.

      Delete
  11. These are all new to me. I hope you get a chance to buy all of these. I can't wait to see what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful list! I couldn't do TTT this week as I was busy. I actually stopped by to let you know that I've added disqus to my blog! I know you stay away from that! i just wanted to let you know it's okay if you can't comment on my blog :) I'll continue being a visitor here as I enjoy your posts! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll continue to visit your blog even though I can't comment as I like your blog too! You'll always be welcome here at The Book Cave and I can let you know when you're here what I enjoyed on your blog *hugs*

      Delete