Sunday, 1 January 2017

Chuckles Resolves...The Year Ahead and other Fun Stuff!


It's 2017 and the start of another year full of books and TV and films! Well I hope so anyway! 

How did Chuckles spend the end of the year? ZOMBIES! No surprises there! I had watched season one and the first part of season 2 when it was on TV weekly but the last one I saw was episode 9 and for some reason I never got back to it. Last night I decided to get out the dvd box set and skim through all the episodes of season two I had watched to remind me of who everyone was and what had happened. It was fun to watch it and remember how much I love Dale and Daryl, and how much I hate Andrea and Shane! Tonight I plan to read a couple of short ebooks and finish season 2 so it gets me off to a good start for 2017! I really want to get caught up with my zombies early this year.


Next up, the resolutions for the year!

READING:
1) Get the physical tbr down from 918 to 600. (*coughs*)
2) Fit in more reading in the morning to increase chances of achieving goals.
3) Set Goodreads Challenge Goal to 250 books but want to reach 300.
4) Stop buying ALL the books! (*snorts with laughter*) 
5) Clear out the books that I no longer want to keep to give me shelf space.

BLOGGING:
1) Visit blogs of those I follow on a daily basis.
2) Aim to leave at least 2-3 comments a week.
3) Reply to comments left on my blog within 24 hours.
4) Find a few more blogs to follow that focus on horror, dystopia and UF.
5) Read more reviews on blogs even if they are not my favourite genres.
6) Comment on more Goodreads reviews.
7) Spend more time on Bookcrossing and Pinterest.  

FILMS/TV: 
1) Catch up on series I started watching but am behind on
 ie Scandal, Walking Dead, Supernatural, Elementary, Hannibal, 24, Lost
2) Start some of the dvd boxsets I got on various Black Fridays that I haven't seen yet
ie The Blacklist, The 100, The Following, The Strain, House of Cards, Homeland, Sanctuary 
3) Sell the dvds I no longer want on Music Magpie or donate to charity shops.
4) Make an effort to get a film watched every week that I haven't seen before! 
And just for fun I am going to gloat again over my newest Jon Snow Game of Thrones T shirts! Those who saw my Merry Christmas post saw the awesome T Shirt which came in the post on Christmas Eve. For those who missed it, here it is again! 

Well, I got another one in the post yesterday which is totally awesome and I love it! My T Shirt is white but I couldn't find an image except for the grey one.


Now I just need a Hodor T Shirt and I'll be happy! Happy New Year from The Book Cave!

22 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good way to end 2016 and start 2017! Enjoy your zombies!
    Those sound like great goals! Although those not buying all the books will be a difficult one ;). Good luck with your goals and I hope 2017 will be a good year for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to go with semi-achievable this year! It is that buying one which will prove to be the tough one! Still, tonight I'll get a couple of short books looked at and fit in some zombies on dvd!

      Delete
  2. I love that “North Park” image. So funny. Good luck with your goals!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist that T Shirt-Samwell was just made to be Cartman, poor guy!

      Delete
  3. There's nothing wrong with ending the year with zombies. :) I'm impressed with your Goodreads goal. You will have a great reading year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly hope I have a good year. I must get a good start this month towards the goal! And of course, there must always be zombies!

      Delete
  4. What's a new year without Zombies! LOL You have so much coming at you in TWD. I hated Andrea and Shane too. LOL And it looks like many of us have some of the same goals. Good luck with yours and Happy New year!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished season 2 and while something made me happy, something else horrified me! It was a darn good ending to the season though. Ungrateful bunch! I hope to maybe watch an episode or two each night AND fit in some reading during the whole day to get more done! Here's to reading goals and a happy new year!

      Delete
  5. Great goals. And yes, I hated Shane and Andrea too! Daryl is my favorite too but some characters come along later in the series that I really like as well. I wonder if they make a Hofer Pop! figure? Love the t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Lori needs to get her finger out of her whatever and stop letting that idiot child of hers just wander off and cause trouble. 'It's not your fault Carl' YES IT IS! You die next!!! Gah. I'm happy with the T shirts and I picked up a few action figures which might feature doing my GoT posts...

      Delete
  6. Oh I love that show- and man did I hate Shane lol.

    I love your resolutions. I need to be way better w/ Goodreads. Maybe starting today *lol* yeah right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He took the part well but after the Otis incident, I wanted his blood! I don't seem to find enough time for Goodreads because I'm always on blogs! Need to make more effort on that. Maybe when Vampire Week is over...

      Delete
  7. Ah yes, The Walking Dead! We are up to date, but I started rewatching the whole series and just finished Season 3. Which was probably my favourite. Can't wait to see your opinion on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year I must fit in more TV and films so I got off to a good start last night with the last four episodes of season two. I want to watch one or two episodes of season three each night which would hopefully get me up to date with the series in February, hopefully earlier. It's a decent target! I'm looking forward to this next season.

      Delete
  8. Nope, not at all surprised that you spend the end of the year with zombies lol. But wow, 900+ books?! That is quite the impressive bookworm stash! What is Bookcrossing though? I've never heard of that. Not that I need another social media site to take up my time lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot how much I'd been enjoying the series until I started watching it again! Need to get up to date as soon as possible while I'm motivated! Yeah my stash is a bit out of control huh! I must tame the beast this year! Bookcrossing is a book sharing site where people can trade books, send unwanted books to those who want to read them, lots of book talk and competitions to win books...I enjoy it but didn't get much time there last year!

      Delete
  9. Zombies are the perfect way to end the year!! Good luck with all your resolutions though to be honest number 4 under your reading category has no chance of happening!!!!! Have a great 2017!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes nothing like a good zombie night instead of mindless drinking! Yeah number four is being a bit optomistic isn't it! Happy New Year Heather!

      Delete
  10. Yay for The Walking Dead! I love that show even though I haven't been thrilled with the most recent season so far. It looks like you have some great goals planned this year. I look forward to hearing all of your updates this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm determined to catch up with the whole series by February so need to get something of it watched each night. I got some reading in this morning which lets me get some TV time tonight!

      Delete
  11. You, zombies? I'd never have thought it! *grin*

    ReplyDelete