Saturday, 31 December 2016

Stacking the Shelves #162


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus or Facebook account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus or joining Facebook so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
         
This is it, the last STS of the year, the last post of the year and I'm so glad that I'm about to start the new year with an ebook blitz challenge because I've been hunting the darn ebooks down over the festive season and it's getting a bit crazy! Stop book grabbing!!! I have big plans for increasing my reading next year to get more done so I hope I can do it but all these book grabs are not helping! I've also been busy preparing my posts for the first week of the year which is Vampire Week at The Book Cave-lots of posts and reviews of all things fanged in books, TV and film so if you like vampires look out for 7-10 days of fang fun from Jan 1st! There will also be my usual STS, Top Ten Tuesday, and the start of my monthly and yearly challenges so lots going on next week! I might be joining a few more memes this year if I find some I like. I also plan more time for blog visits so I'll be lurking around your blogs quite a lot!

Away from the blog I have been loving the darts and Big Bash cricket, fitting in a few favourite dvds like Aliens, Jaws, The Fog, Barnyard and Mamma Mia. I do need to get more TV and films watched next year so it's going to be a busy year! I don't party at any time of the year and I particularly hate New Year with all the noise and fireworks that stop me hearing the TV and getting to sleep. Gah! If you are partying, have fun, watch your drinks and get home safe, ok? If you are having a quiet TV night, enjoy! See you on January 1st!

DOWNLOADS:





PAPERBACKS:



FOLLOW ME:
 

32 comments:

  1. I'm gonna watch a movie tonight and stay up till midnight to welcome in the New Year! It's a tradition in my family and we watch the same movie (What We Did On Our Holiday) every year, and it's awesome :) Happy New Year!
    I'll definitely be looking out for those vampire posts coming up ;)
    Happy watching and reading for 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always in my bed well before midnight! For some reason I've always hated New Year but I'm excited by a new reading year! Tomorrow will be my reading and blog resolutions and an update on cool T shirts...and then Monday starts Vampire Week!

      Delete
  2. Illuminae is everywhere, I'm so late to the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I'm way behind you! I'm always late to the party but the party doesn't really start until we both get there Kei!

      Delete
  3. Ooooh vampire week, I like the sound of that! :D And yay for Illuminae!

    Happy New Year! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for Vampire week! Reviews, vampire legends, vampires in books, tv and film, and recommendations! The posts are all done so for once I'm ahead on the blog...lets see how long THAT lasts! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  4. Rewatching old dvd favorites sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enjoyed them in amongst the sport on tv!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. There's no way I was going to pass up buying it-like Deep Blue Sea with more people to chomp!

      Delete
  6. It's been a crazy week here and I didn't even get a Stacking the Shelves post done. I may do one tomorrow or do a bigger one next week. I'm loving the looks of Hounds of God and since I didn't get Illuminae for Christmas, I may just go ahead and order copy. Wonderful haul and have a safe and happy New Years! We'll be celebrating...from the safety of our own home and with the pups :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty bad weather here-high winds and driving rain-so I'm glad I'm staying in. I'm a bit tired to read so not sure what I'll end up doing tonight. Films or a new TV series to start on! Have a good night!

      Delete
  7. I have Apocalypse Z in my zombie pile, too. Looking forward to it. Gonna have a quiet night on my end. Have a Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to have some zombies for the New Year! Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  8. Nothing wrong with nabbing all the ebooks while they're on sale! Holidays are great for that reason. :D Might I recommend The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron? My favorite YA book of the year. It's on sale!

    I've only read Illuminae, of your list, and I loved it! Gemina was quite good too, though I liked Illuminae more. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Happy New Year. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the rec but I'm afraid it wouldn't be a book that would interest me. Too many tropes & stuff I don't like, sadly! That's why I stopped reading YA.

      Illuminae is very different from my usual reads and for some reason I just want to read it. Yeah I know it doesn't make sense! I hope I like it! Have a Happy New Year!

      Delete
  9. You got some great books. Holidays are great for sales on E-Books. I hope you love all of your new books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace...I've added too many to wishlist today already after some blog visiting. Resistance is futile!

      Delete
  10. Vampire Week? Awesome. Can't wait to see what fanged horrors you have in store for us!And Hotel Megalodon- love that! "they check in but they don't check out" lol. Okay I need to stop.

    I'm definitely staying in tonight, and will probably be blogging lol. Sad I know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first fanged post will go up today or tomorrow-I'm running a bit behind with all the cooking today! I am so looking forward to Hotel Magalodon...what a great name for a book! I had a nice quiet night watching The Walking Dead season two!

      Delete
  11. Oh, you got Illuminae! That was a fantastic book. I hope you enjoy all your new books in the new year, happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my usual kind of read but I just wanted to read it for some reason!

      Delete
  12. I used to enjoy New Years but I don't usually even stay up until midnight anymore. It is a perfect stay at home night. I will be looking forward to your thoughts on Illuminae. I enjoyed it and hope you do as well. Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in my bed between ten and half past every night and I did the same last night but hardly slept with all the noise outside! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  13. Staring off the year with vampire week! I like! I'll be here fo shizzle! Speaking of fireworks on New Year's though, I just heard a car drive down the street with the horn blaring, so that's, like, a new thing I guess? Fantastic -_- Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could hear the windows smashing as a guy tried to get into his ex's flat-same every weekend! Plus the stupid fireworks, drag racing and the sirens. Ugh, hate it all! I didn't have the blaring horn though...

      Delete
  14. Happy New Year, Chuckles! I hope the vampires won't bite you this first week ;)
    Your new books look great - I have Illuminae as well, and really need to sit myself down and read it!
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually ok with the vampires biting me as it would give me eternity to reduce my tbr!

      Delete
  15. Happy New Year! Hope you had a good quiet time for it!

    I must get round to reading Illuminae...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah quiet except for the drooling zombie masses on the TV to enjoy! I've got so many books I want to get to this year including Illuminae...lets see how much I can fit in!

      Delete
  16. ILLUMINAE ILLUMINAE ILLUMINAE!!! That book is my life. Probably the best book I read last year! *_*

    Enjoy your new books!

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My Book Haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if I'll like it but I'll give it a go at some point! Sorry I can't follow your blog or leave a comment there in return-see my DISQUS policy at the top of this post for details.

      Delete