Saturday, 24 December 2016

Stacking the Shelves #161


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus or Facebook account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus or joining Facebook so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
        
 I have been enjoying the Big Bash live from Australia-my favourite domestic cricket competition-and the World Championship PDC Darts. Awesome! Fitting in the odd film here and there but all things I've already seen so no progress on watching new stuff but I have higher hopes for that next year. I think I watched about five new ones the whole of this year which is not good enough. I'm also clearing out the unwanted ones by selling them to Music Magpie. It's only earning a few pounds but it does buy me a new book or two...!

For those of you celebrating it is nearly Santa time so I hope you are going to get lots of books, dvds and fun things to enjoy. Scrooge McChuckles will just be blogging as normal each day of the Christmas period, getting ready for the launch of my new blog posts and challenges. I don't have a linky on my challenge posts but feel free to update me on how you are doing with similar challenges on my posts! You know I love hearing from you guys! Book wise I was a naughty Chuckles this week and went on a mass ebook hunt which REALLY helps with the ebook blitz challenge...gah! But how am I meant to resist these books??? It's not my fault! Thanks to everyone who has told me about great new books this year-you might start recognising them appearing on my STS posts the next few weeks! My memory is poor as to where I saw them but I'll credit where I can!

Anyway, those who will be online over the festive period will find me here as normal each day so stop by and say hi! To those taking a break and who celebrate, Merry Christmas! To those who don't, have a happy and healthy weekend and I'll see you all when you return! 

DOWNLOADS:

 Lets start my Christmas special with a few short stories I'll be taking a look at as soon as January kicks off as well as the bad teddy bears from last week's haul! Thanks for a bit of elf rec Barb!



Thank you to Bark for alerting me to the Ray Garton sale, which directed me to grabbing a few cheap and cool sounding horror books!


Thanks to Laura Thomas for alerting me to Hunter Shea, a new author to try next year and for reminding me about cool sharks!


Thank you to Mogsy, Greg and Kristen for alerting me to these great looking and sounding books recently!


Thanks to Nikki for switching me on to a new author with a rec, and to myself for tracking down more monster books!





30 comments:

  1. Wow what a load of books! Hope you enjoy!
    Have a lovely Christmas tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Santa appears to have visited me already! I'm going to enjoy reading these books I hope! Seasons greetings to you too!

      Delete
  2. Oh WOW, Chuckles! All the books! I hope you'll enjoy them :)

    Have a wonderful holiday :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Santa has been good to Chuckles who is always nice! *ahem* Thanks for your best wishes and have a Freddy Christmas!

      Delete
  3. A good haul! I can just imagine you awaiting Santa by chilling your blood with post-apocalyptic stories and monsters, haha. Hope you have a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, tonight I will be reading about dinosaurs and demons! Thanks Nikki!

      Delete
  4. Great haul this week! It is almost impossible to resist good books so it is not your fault. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it when people are on my side! *giggles* Have a good Christmas too!

      Delete
  5. Wow, this is a big haul. Enjoy your new books, and happy holidays!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy all of your new books. You got some great books. Happy Holidays. Love the snowflakes.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the smaller snowflakes but couldn't get them to load on the blog! Gah, technology! But I like these ok! Happy holidays Grace!

      Delete
  7. The Sea Queen has an eye catching cover. Ooo, I'll have to check out your challenges. Happy Christmas ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The covers for the whole series are gorgeous and will feature on a Cover Love post soon! Happy Christmas!

      Delete
  8. Ha ha "Scrooge McChuckles"... I'll be blogging too (glutton for punishment) but probably more around midweek since I'll be gone for a few days. But yeah I can'y stay away either. :)

    Your books look fabulous. Yay for The Immortals- can't wait to see what you think- and Meg looks good and so does Ice Station (anything called Ice Station has me right there). The sea Queen looks awesome (think I saw that one at Kristen's) - hope these are all good!

    the Big Bash sound fun, I don't know much about cricket but I'm tempted to look it up now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think it was Kristen's blog that I saw the Sea Queen and other covers for the series-they look stunning! I couldn't look past The Immortals coz y'know, Greek Gods!

      I LOVE cricket! The Big Bash is in Australia and it's the fastest and most exciting form of cricket there is(20-20) and it is one of the highlights of winter for me. That and the darts of course!

      I'll be catching up on blog comments and visits today and then trying to get a few more posts ready for the New Year. I'm working on Vampire Week!

      Delete
  9. Goodness, so many books! You have plenty of reading ahead of you - and that is never a bad thing. :D I have one of the MEG books! MEG: Nightstalkers? Something like that it? It was sent unsolicited, so I don't know much about it. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Happy holidays. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Santa came early to Chuckles! I think that Meg book might be the fifth in the series but I'm not totally sure. I love sharks so I'm not sure why I never read Meg when it came out. Happy Holidays!

      Delete
  10. Wow! That's a lot of awesome looking books you got! I hope you enjoy the holidays!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited by the book haul and now I need to think about getting them read next year! More effort is required. I need to fit in some daytime reading as well as the four hours I fit in most nights. Enjoy the holidays!

      Delete
  11. Enjoy your new reads! Hope you will enjoy The Immortals and Damoren! The Remaining was an awesome zombie movie too. Merry Christmas!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly liked the look of both when I saw them on your blog. The Immortals was on Greg's as well and a few other blogs I've seen this month so I just had to grab it! Ooh I didn't know The Remaining was a film too...must check that out! I haven't been watching many films the last few years. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  12. Great haul! The Immortals sounds really good. I may have to look that one up on Goodreads. Happy reading and have a great holiday weekend!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people are grabbing The Immortals! It seems popular on quite a few blogs. I hope it's good! Happy holidays!

      Delete
  13. The Sea Queen's cover is so pretty! :D

    Happy holidays! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole series is beautiful. I hope I like it as an excuse to grab them all! Happy holidays!

      Delete
  14. Wow, lots of books this week! I just got like five freebies from my Amazon wishlist last night because they went on sale for Christmas :-D I have the first two books in the Sea Queen series but still have not read either of them lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall be looking for bargains today! I'm hoping to pick up something nice as I have no restraint at all!

      Delete
  15. Oh my gosh, Meg is one of my favorite books ever!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I'm so excited that they're making a movie of it finally, and it's supposed to have Jason Statham in it, and I can definitely see him in it. Great books this week. Enjoy them all! Thanks for visiting my Sunday Post on Lisa Loves Literature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I like Jason Statham! He's one of my dad's favourite actors. Anything with sharks is ok by me! I loved Deep Blue Sea.

      Delete