Friday, 30 December 2016

Chuckles December Review


Welcome to my December review! I previously shared my plans and mid month update for what I intended to read this month along with any TV series I hoped to get to.It was a good month actually, getting lots of reading done and catching up with two series and choosing not to continue with a third. I'm pretty happy with how things went overall and I'm looking forward to a great year of reading ahead!

EBOOKS:
Noah Mann-Bugging Out (read-3 star)
Lou Cadle-Saber Tooth (read-3 star)
Scott M Baker-RotterWorld (abandoned)
Glenn Bullion-Dead Living (abandoned)
Peter Cawdron-What we left behind (abandoned)
Matthew Dennion-Polar Yeti (read-3 star)
Rich Hawkins-The Last Plague (abandoned)
Rick Chesler-Landing Party (read-3 star)
Viktor Zarkov-Jurassic Sea (read-3 star)
TN Uner-Kill Zombies (abandoned)
ZJC & GTC-The Undead Plague (read-3 star)
Joshua Guess-With Spring comes the fall (abandoned)

BOOK SERIES (Deacon Chalk by James R Tuck)

#0.5 That thing at the zoo (previously read-5 star)
#1 Blood and Bullets (read-5 star)
#1.5 Spider's Lullaby (read-5 star)
#2 Blood and Silver (read-5 star)
#2.5 Circus of Blood (read-5 star)
#3 Blood and Magick (read-5 star)
anthology-Special Features (read-4 star)

(Yancy Lazarus by James A Hunter)
#1 Strange Magic (read-2.5 star)
#1.5 Flashback:Siren Song (previously read-4 star)
#2 Cold Hearted (DNR)
#3 Wendigo Rising (DNR)
#3.5 Flashback:The Morrigan (DNR)
#4 Savage Prophet (DNR)

(Alpha and Omega by Patricia Briggs)
#0.5 Alpha and Omega (previously read-4 star)
#1 Cry Wolf (read-4 star)
#2 Hunting Ground (read-4 star)
#3 Fair Game (read-5 star)
#4 Dead Heat (read-4 star)

BOOKS:
Patricia Briggs-Shifting Shadows (read-4 star)

TV SERIES:
Game of Thrones series 6 (finished)
Masterchef The Professionals series 9 (finished)

EXTRAS:
DelSheree Gladden-Something Wicked This Way Comes 
#2 Wicked Power (read-4 star)
#3 Wicked Glory (read- 4 star)
#4 Wicked Revenge (read-4 star)

So how did you guys get on with your December goals? Thanks to everyone who cheered me on with my goals this year and hopefully we can all get some great reading done in 2017!

12 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good reading month!! Wow, you certainly did read and watch a lot :)
    All the best for 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased to reach my goal for the month. I'm pleased with most of the year except the summer slump but hopefully I'll do well next year. Good luck to you too!

      Delete
  2. Wow! This is all for December?! You did great! I decided to start a new series this month. I watched Stranger Things on Netflix and was hooked. lol! I think I finished it in 2 or 3 days, but it was a short season. Now I'm anxiously awaiting the 2nd season. lol! I also really like The Blacklist and American Horror Story. Sorry that it seems like you didn't have much luck with ebooks this month. Hopefully next month is better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't seem to sit still and watch film and TV...I feel as if I should be reading instead! It's a bit stupid but I can't seem to fit it all in except for Game of Thrones last year. More effort is needed next year! I want to start The Blacklist! I love James Spader! I hope I have better luck with ebooks next year with trying to read 35 in January! *giggles*

      Delete
  3. You have had a great month! It looks like you really got a lot accomplished. I didn't get as many books read during the month of December as I had hoped but I never do so that is okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good month but I had the advantage of not having to buy and wrap presents, work or cook for a family Christmas so I did have more time for blogging and books!

      Delete
  4. Glad it was a good December! You have quite a few books I'm interested in, I'll have to keep an eye on your reviews. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm saving a few reviews for Dinosaur Week and Monster week at some point in the next couple of months...I must have Shark week as well! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  5. You did amazing, congrats! My own plans for catching up with all the books in December kind of fell through with all the holiday preparations, but fun times :D Happy new year!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I definitely had an advantage over most of you guys with nothing miuch happening over the holidays! Happy New Year Mogsy!

      Delete
  6. I’m very impressed with how much you can read in a month. Happy 2017!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to my reading nights! I just need to find more time during the day to fit the odd extra hour in!

      Delete