Monday, 5 December 2016

TV Review: Game of Thrones series 6


I've had these box sets for a while and had never watched a single episode until I watched season 1 in October. This review of season six will be free of plot spoilers and will only contain vague general thoughts about who I like and dislike so it will be safe to look at if you haven't watched the series yet.

My favourite characters in series 6:
Tyrion Lannister
Daenerys Targaryen
Jon Snow
Margaery Tyrell
Jorah Mormont
Samwell Tarly
Varys
Sandor Clegane
Hodor
Davos Seaworth
Brienne 
Bronn
Podrick 
Theon Greyjoy
Yara Greyjoy 
Lyanna Mormont
Tormund Giantsbane

Next are the ones I wanted to see die a horrible death:
Cersei Lannister
Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish
Balon Greyjoy
Melisandre
Ramsay Snow
Walder Frey
Roose Bolton
The Waif
The Mountain 
Alliser Thorne
Myranda
Pycelle
Sons of the Harpy
High Sparrow
Ellaria Sand 
Olly
Euron Greyjoy

What a brilliant series this was! It was so good that I watched the entire series yesterday. I laughed, I sobbed... 'hold the door' *blubbers*, I smirked in satisfaction many times, my jaw dropped in shock several times. There were pleasant surprises, satisfying moments and just HOW am I meant to wait months for the next series, eh???!!!

12 comments:

  1. I think Ramsay is the character I hate most of all, but several others come in closely behind him. How will you ever wait now! I didn't see Jaime anywhere on either list so I'm curious where he falls now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...I HATE that piece of scum!!! I almost put Jaime on the like list as I do kind of like him ever since his travels with Brienne. I'd love to see her and Tormund as a couple-that was pretty funny. Her and Jaime hmmm? Possibly...we might even get to see him as 'King'slayer again if we're lucky! I love seeing so many strong female characters in a series.

      Delete
    2. I've always secretly wanted Brienne and Jaime together - I think she would bring out the best in him and they are just odd enough to work.

      Delete
    3. Yeah the scenes at the castle seems to hint at that along with Jaime's expression at the end of that throne room scene finishing series 6...lets hope! I so want to see Jaime away from the dark side...

      Delete
  2. I really need to watch Game of Thrones. I love that you are still enjoying it after 6 seasons. Maybe it will have to be my next binge watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes a great binge watch! I found it a little hard to keep the characters straight in my head in season one but it got much easier as I went along. Hard to choose a favourite series...loved 3, 4, loved 6...erk!

      Delete
  3. I love Game of Thrones reviews!! Lyanna Mormont was awesome, and Hodor... man I'm not even gonig there. That episode was amazing though! I like most of the ones you do too, although I'm not a fan of Jorah. And I like Melisandre in the books but not quite as much in the show. And I hated the Waif... little b*tch lol. Sorry... :(

    Yara was pretty badass this season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to get started on the books in the New Year. I'll be interested to see the differences between the two. The Door was a fantastic episode...so emotional and heroic *blubbers* I hope we see more of Lyanna-she and Yara are just brilliant! Ramsay and The Waif were the two I hated most this series...you're right she was a total bitch! Y'know I think some GoT discussion posts are needed to let us REALLY vent...*rushes off to get started*

      Delete
    2. Yes I love GoT posts! Yay! I totally agree... The Door. And especially after waiting years to see what Hodor meant... that was very powerful.

      Delete
    3. I'd always wondered what the Hold the Door T shirts were all about...now I know. I loved Hodor!

      Delete
  4. I agree, Ramsay is the worst. I'm guessing episode 9 was as cathartic a release for you as it was for me :P

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete