Tuesday, 27 December 2016

Chuckles Cover Love #7: Best Covers 2016


If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all. This is the first in a series of posts celebrating all those book covers I love...and why!

Welcome to the last Cover Love of 2016 and it seems like a good excuse to share with you my favourite covers from the books I've read this year. I admit that there weren't many great covers due to the amount of Indie books I read this year!






So those are the best of the year for me...picking favourites from it is hard but I love the Deacon Chalk covers by James R Tuck and Sorceress Awakening. Hopefully some great covers will be coming my way next year!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh nice covers :) I especially like Ancient Magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours on it are beautiful! Decent read too which is a bonus...

      Delete
  2. Extinction and Escape from Lucania looks awesome. And so does Magic of the Gargoyles. You spotlight a lot of books I don't see on other blogs... which is nice. I didn't really know about prepper stuff so that's new for me but Im interested...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Amazon recommended a prepper book because I was reading zombies and both are disaster themed but as soon as I read it I was hooked and I can't get enough of them! You'll be seeing lots of them and zombies and urban fantasy next year!

      Delete