Wednesday, 28 December 2016

Chuckles Favourite Reads of 2016


A good book is like a perfect Christmas gift isn't it! So what better way to finish off the year than by looking back at my favourite books in each genre that I read this year. Strap yourself in for the ultimate booky journey and you will be hearing more about these books as I review or spotlight them in future posts. Only three choices for each category chuckles? Arrgghh!

BEST DINOSAURS:
I bought all three of these, Excellent non stop dinosaur horror and tension and death!
 

BEST ZOMBIES:
A couple of book twos in a series as I started a series catch up and a totally new series in Extinction Horizon that I have high hopes for. High octane zombies!


BEST PREPPERS:
Only three? Are you serious? Gah I'll need to rave about the books on other posts then...


BEST CONTEMPORARY:
Is that how you spell it? It doesn't look right! Not really my genre so not a lot to choose from.












BEST NON FICTION:
A few good mountain climbing books this year! Into Thin Air was a re-read.
 

BEST URBAN FANTASY:
Urban fantasy and mythology fun!


BEST MAGIC & MYTHOLOGY:
A few Gods and a bit of Harry Potter!


BEST HISTORICAL FICTION:
I can never resist The Tudors or some War of the Roses stuff!


BEST SHORT STORIES:
Another excuse for zombies I guess...


BEST APOCALYPSE:
You didn't think there would only be three prepper books and three zombie books did you! I can squeeze three more in here...


That was my best of the year and I think 2017 is going to have some REALLY good reads!

8 comments:

  1. You've read a lot of different genres this year. I bet you did have a hard time narrowing the zombie and prepper books to just three. I vow to start the series by Huck this year and also The Iron Druid Chronicles. I'm surprised to see The Fault in Our Stars on your list. I really was not impressed by that book. However, I know you don't read a lot in the genre so you probably did have very little to chose from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only read three contemporary that I regarded as decent in the whole year, which is more than I plan to do this year! I did like The Fault in our stars-not my usual kind of read but I did like it! I don't really want to read any similar topics in the future-too sad for me!

      Delete
  2. Love the Patricia Briggs book! You read a nice mix of books this year. Can't wait to see all of the great books you will read in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to getting started on my January reads which I'll be selecting later today. Here's hoping there are great books for both of us next year!

      Delete
  3. Wow, quite a list. I'll have to make sure my sister takes a look -- she doesn't blog, but she reads a lot of the same genres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, more innocents to corrupt! Mwoahhh! Send her over to my Goodreads pages and there are a ton of books to tempt her!

      Delete
  4. I love that you have dinosaur reads! The Valley, Jurassic Island, and Extinction Horizon all look awesome. Patricia Briggs I am DEFINITELY going to read this year (er next year). Maybe Kevin Hearne too. I am liking the stuff you read, but you;re gonna kill my TBR!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a few more I haven't got to yet so there will be more to enjoy next year! Oh dear Bad Chuckles is going to be tempting people with lots of cool books next year! *evil snigger*

      Delete