Tuesday, 13 December 2016

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!  

Ok this week is about the new releases we're looking forward to in the first half of 2017. But here's the thing...I don't generally buy mainstream new releases as most come out in hardback first which I never buy. So I'm going to do a Top Ten Books from my TBR that I look forward to READING at the start of next year!

1) Glynn James/Michael Stephen Fuchs-Exodus (Arisen #5)
I read and LOVED the first four books but my dad grabbed them and is mowing his way through book 12 now so I hope to get them back and binge read them, starting with book 5. This is action packed, gorefested zombie fun at its finest!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18886535-exodus

2) Patricia Briggs-Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson #9)
I'm catching up with the alpha and omega series this month leaving me free to read book 9 of Mercy when it gets its paperback release around the end of January 2017. I hate waiting so long to get the book but I just don't buy hardbacks so always have to wait up to a year for the paperback release.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28792605-fire-touched

3) DelSheree Gladden-Wicked Power (Someone Wicked This Way Comes #2)
I started this series a couple of years ago and liked book one but after that I started drifting away from paranormal YA so I never went back to this trilogy and quite a few other books. I need to finish it now as it is long overdue! 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20756869-wicked-power 

4) Rachel Caine-The Dead Girl's Dance (Morganville Vampires #2)
I read Glass Houses so long ago that I might need to reread it before I finally start reading this whole series! I have the short story anthology as well so I hope to read the whole thing one month in the first half of the year!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6700360-the-dead-girls-dance 

5) Duane Dog Chapman-You Can Run But You Can't Hide 
I'm a big fan of Dog the Bounty Hunter on TV so I picked up his books a while back and really need to take a look at them soon. I usually read biographies and then trade or give them away so finally reading this might help me clear some space! 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/372821.You_Can_Run_But_You_Can_t_Hide

6) Robert Boren-Bug Out Texas
I read and loved the 13 part Bug Out series and now I'm really keen to read this spin-off series which follows the people in Texas trying to defend themselves from invaders. If it is as good as the original series it should be fun! 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29907077-bug-out-texas-part-1

7) DelSheree Gladden-Secret of Betrayal (The Destroyer #2)
This is another YA series that I started in 2013 and never had time to get back to. I liked the first book but I need to catch up with and clear all the remaining YA books and series I have to get some shelf space back! 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17413095-secret-of-betrayal

8) Robert Kirkman-Rise of the Governor
I bought these because they are zombies and related to The Walking Dead series but I haven't even reached that part of the series yet. So I have plans to get caught up with The Walking Dead and take a look at these books. I've seen very mixed reviews so the sooner I tackle them the better.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12992880-rise-of-the-governor

9) SD Perry-Resident Evil series
The author wrote a series of books based on the film and game franchise and I'm quite keen to see where the story goes. They look like reasonably short novels so I should get through them pretty quick.  
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13642250-resident-evil

10) Suzy Turner-December Moon (Raven Saga #2)
Another YA paranormal series where I read the first book but never got back to the rest of the trilogy. Hopefully I can find time to catch up on these series very soon. 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12468288-december-moon

27 comments:

  1. Picking from your TBR is much smarter than buying new books, I think! Good luck.

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *giggles* Sounds good in theory...my problem is I have 900 books I own that I have still to read! Arrgghh!

      Delete
  2. I hope you like The Walking Dead Rise of the Governor series. I read the first one and for some reason, had a really hard time getting into it. Which is kind of sad because I really wanted to like them. Maybe I should try again. I also see some familiar names - Patricia Briggs and Rachel Caine - I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of me hopes I don't like them so I can quickly move on! But it will force me to catch up with the TV series which I am lagging behind in. I was enjoying but got distracted by other stuff near the end of season 2. Good reason to get back to it!

      Delete
    2. I'm current on it and the mid-season finale just aired Sunday. I've had mixed feelings about this season. I still love the characters, but for some reason, I don't find the story as enjoyable as I did in the beginning. Don't even get me started on Fear the Walking Dead. It REALLY annoys me.

      Delete
    3. I've heard mixed things about Fear the Walking Dead and Z Nation...I'll end up watching both because, y'knew, ZOMBIES! The ads for this latest Walki ng Dead series here look weird and I don't recognise anybody which is worrying...

      Delete
  3. I really like you twist on the topic this week! My TBR list keeps growing and growing, and I can't keep up! lol I'm really interested to see what you think of the Resident Evil series. I really love the Resident Evil movies and games so I may have to read them too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the novel based on the first Resident Evil book but this series is someone different so I do hope I like it!

      Delete
  4. Looks like lots of second books in a series, which is always fun. I'm not familiar with most of these, but I do hope you get the chance to read them:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It shows how much I'm lagging when it comes to finishing series! If I get time this month I might tackle a few of these to get them done. Still, I did catch up on more series this year than last year so it's a start!

      Delete
  5. Awesome take on this weeks theme! I don't usually buy stuff when it's brand new either even if I've been anticipating it for a while. Great list, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kathryn! I figured I was being a bit sneaky with this week's theme. Next week is a Christmas one again I think so I'm going to have some fun with new years resolutions...

      Delete
  6. I hope you love these when you get around to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hopeful on a few of them but wary about the YA books. I've just went off the genre so much I'm worried if I'll still enjoy these series!

      Delete
  7. Smart move on this topic! I love 'shopping' among the books I already have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to do less shopping in general I think! I'm never going to catch up on all my books if I keep buying...NARG! I'll be doing my own thing on next week's topic...need to get thinking! (never easy...)

      Delete
  8. Fire Touched looks awesome (love that cover) and even though I haven't read this series yet I want them. lol I'm going to try them in 2017 as part of my challenge to read more urban fantasy. Plus they just look good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mercy is in my top three urban fantasy series ever so I hope you get a chance to enjoy them too. I hope to be hunting down new UF to try next year so I might have some ideas for you!

      Delete
    2. The more the merrier! I need ideas...

      Delete
    3. My UF-PNR shelf on Goodreads has pretty much everything when it comes to UF...including a lot of great sounding books I haven't read yet! I'm trying to get more of them read each month to catch up a bit!

      Delete
  9. I really want to start the Mercy Thompson series, but I would really have to buckle down and read to catch up. I hope you enjoy the new one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that series so much. I love a good Wolf Pack!

      Delete
  10. I just looked at the Someone Wicked series, and it sounds pretty good! And the first book is free! I downloaded it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh a freebie is always good! I liked the idea a lot...having a sort of beast inside you but not being a shifter...pretty cool! I'm hoping I enjoy the rest of it now...I read the first one in 2013 I think!

      Delete
  11. I regularly watch The Walking Dead, but haven't read any of the comic books, but I am interested to hear that there are also spin offs about the characters like "Rise of the Governor". Sounds like it could be good and I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got four of these Walking Dead books that I'm hoping to look at before the end of the year but I haven't caught up with the end of season 2 of the TV series. I'm way behind!

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I can't leave any comments on your blog Katie...I don't join third party things like DISQUS or let it have access to my blog or social media and it won't let me comment unless I do.

      Delete