Thursday, 22 December 2016

Chuckles 2017 Series Read Challenge


Every year I promise to catch up on the book series that have been sitting on my shelves brooding for years. This year in the last few months I did actually manage to deal with a few which is better than I've done in the last four years combined! I'm up to date with these now:

Kelley Armstrong-Women of the Otherworld (completed series) 
Melanie Karsak-The Harvesting (completed series)
Thomas E Sniegoski-Remy Chandler (stopped series after completing four books)
Kevin Hearne-Iron Druid (read all books released and all short stories I had)
James R Tuck-Deacon Chalk (read all books in series published so far)
James A Hunter-Yancy Lazarus (abandoned series after one book)
Patricia Briggs-Mercy Thompson (read all published books I own)
Patricia Briggs-Alpha & Omega (read all books published so far)

I want this to be the pattern for next year! On the first couple of days of January I'll be posting my series read list for the year, along with other self challenges to help me with my reading goals for the year ie my Goodreads reading challenge, my January reading challenge, my ebook challenge and any others I can think of doing! I don't generally get involved in challenges hosted by other people as they tend to have too many rules but there are a couple I might consider!

I'll be posting monthly updates on each challenge instead of just a monthly preview and review of what I want to do each month-this should make it easier to see where I'm ahead and where I'm lagging and need to put in more effort! 

10 comments:

  1. Such a great idea :) You're so organised! Good luck and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be a total chaos demon so I'm getting things into better order now...

      Delete
  2. You did great with this last year and I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park again in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seemed to do well with this in the last few months but not so much the rest of the year! Next year I hope to improve on that!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your challenge! I need to do something like this too, catch up with some of my series before starting new ones ^_^

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been promising to do this for over five years now but I really need to make more effort this year! Today I need to choose the 'must finish' series and the 'if I have time' list!

      Delete
  4. Mercy Thompson I need to read, and I've heard good things about Kevin Hearne's books too (I've only read one book by him and it was not part of that series). And I read my first Kelley Armstrong this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three excellent choices there! I have so many series that choosing what to focus on is a problem. I mean The Morganville Vampires is 15 books plus a book with all the short stories in it. That would take so long to do but I need to tackle it now or it'll never get done! Most of my series are paperbacks so juggling that with my ebook blitz is going to be tricky!

      Delete
  5. You did great finishing or catching up with these series! I am curious to see which series you'll pick for next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm struggling to pick as I have so many! I also don't know how many to pick as some have a lot of books in it! I think I might need categories based on priority!

      Delete