Sunday, 11 December 2016

Real Neat Blog Award


Thanks to the lovely Velvet over at http://vvb32reads.blogspot.co.uk/ for nominating me for this! It was so nice of you to think of me!

Here are the rules!

1. Post the Award logo and answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you.
2. Thank the person who nominated you in your post and link to their blog.
3. Nominate and link to some bloggers you’d like to see respond.
4. Create 7 questions for your nominees to answer & let them know they are nominated in a comment on their blog.


So here are my responses to Velvet's questions!

1. What’s your favorite holiday tradition?
Hmmm, I'm not really a festive kind of girl these days! The only tradition I go with is the food-on Christmas day it is turkey with bread sauce and  sage and onion stuffing. With just me and my dad we have a turkey joint, not a full turkey. I like a nice Buck's Fizz to go with it and some kind of big cake with cream later...

2. What’s your favorite holiday movie?

I don't watch Christmas films especially the comedies like Elf and Bad Santa. Bah, Humbug! I do like Home Alone 1 and 2 and will watch them if they are on but usually I'm watching sport or my own dvds instead of TV repeats! If we are talking films set near Christmas, I love the Die Hard films!

3. What's your favorite holiday book?

I'm getting boring here...I don't read Christmas themed stories! I don't read romance or mysteries so I don't come across Christmas books really. Ooh, zombie attacks on Christmas-we so need someone to write that book! I do read The Broons which is a bi-annual release for Christmas. It's a Scottish cartoon which I enjoy.

4. What's your favorite holiday cookie?

I don't know of a specific holiday cookie but in Scotland we love our butter shortbread biscuits! Yum! I have a few festive boxes ready to munch!

5. What’s at the top of your wishlist?

Other than really wanting to move house to a rural place that I can protect against all apocalypses including zombies, my wishlist is full of books and Game of Thrones stuff!

6. What’s your favorite holiday memory?

As a kid we had the artificial Christmas tree with all the decorations and the paper ripping excitement of opening presents. I loved present exchanges with my parents, tinsel hanging, lights in the window but since my mum died in 2014, my dad and I stopped all of that except the food.

7. Do you have a go-to gift you like to give?

No not now. I did buy my dad a couple of Game of Thrones T shirts and a matching mug though but it wasn't a specific Christmas gift! I bought myself a few things too...

Ok I never tag specific people because I don't know who wants to take part in these things so I tag anyone who wants to take part. Here are my questions and I'm moving away from the Christmas theme as a lot of my blog visitors are scrooges like me!

1. What is your favourite book genre and why?
2. What is the most amazing place you visited, or where you would most love to go?
3. What is the best present you were given or coolest thing you bought for yourself?
4. What superpower would you most like to have and why?
5. If you could change the world for the better in one way, what would it be?
6. If a djinn gave you three wishes what would you choose to better your own life? (Selfish answers please!)
7. What mythical, fictional, or film beastie freaks you out the most?

If you take part, please say so in the comments below so I can come and see your answers!

4 comments:

  1. Turkey and sage and onion dressing- yes please. I think dressing is my favorite both at our Thanksgiving time and at Christmas. Home Alone does have that holiday spirit thing going on, although I've seen it a ton of times. And I agree- a zombie/ Christmas mashup would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep zombies gatecrashing a big Christmas dance and eating people...sounds good to me! Maybe with some sage and onion...my day today has been Jaws 3 and 4 and Home Alone just to keep me company while I blog!

      Delete
  2. I think I was tagged for this at some point but I never did it because ugh, thinking of my own questions is too hard lol.

    A Christmas-themed zombie book. I would read that! I don't read the mushy contemporary romance Xmas books, but I do like SFF ones!

    And yum, your turkey dinner sounds good! I was always jealous of people who got turkey on Xmas since my family always made ham -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really a festive celebrating kind of person so poor Velvet isn't getting the best answers to her questions here! If you want to do the tag you can ask my questions to the people you tag if you want. No problem!

      We have honey roast ham at New Year usually...YUM! I only had turkey and all the stuffing and bread sauce for the first time in 1996 when I was working away from home. I've had it every year since!

      Delete