Wednesday, 14 December 2016

Chuckles Cover Love #5


If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all. This is the first in a series of posts celebrating all those book covers I love...and why!

The next series I'm going to take issue with the publisher on is Benedict Jacka's Alex verus series. I loved the first book and hope to catch up on it in the next couple of months. It was released in the UK with this brilliant cover giving it coloured old parchment appearance, map and british things on them like telephone boxes on the book title!



Nice huh! Then this is what they brought out as their new design for book 7 and I HATE it!


It doesn't fit with the others at all! You can't SEE the map and cool stuff in that horrible dark cover! Who seriously thought it looks BETTER!!! Do book publishers not know about cover OCD??? I want the old design back! And if that wasn't bad enough, on Amazon book 8 is only showing as pre-order in mass market paperback when the rest of the set are the bigger size. Oh GREAT.

These are the alternative covers which, other than Fated, I REALLY don't like:



So what do you think of the covers? Do you have any of these? Have you read the books?

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, having books that are different sizes is even worse than different cover style lol. I'm not really sure which of these I like better though. I mean, the change in Book 7 would be aggravating definitely, but I think I might actually like the alternate covers better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if that Burned style of cover had been there from the start of the series I might not have complained so much. It sounds silly to get so annoyed by a cover doesn't it! *giggles* But different sizes REALLY gets on my nerves for keeping series together on my bookshelves!

      Delete