Tuesday, 20 June 2017

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish in June 2010. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!  http://www.brokeandbookish.com/   

This week it is Top Ten Series I meant to start...but haven't yet. My problem is more about FINISHING the ones I have started! Still, we'll give this a try!


1) JA Cipriano-Kill It With Magic (Lillim Callina #1)
Lillim's half demon ex wants her help, her rival has risen from the grave and a dragon plotting to take over the world wants her to work for him. OK all of that and the great cover makes the book sound pretty intriguing! Hope to get to this next month with other new-to-me authors!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31208015-kill-it-with-magic 

2) James Wesley Rawles-Patriots (The Coming Collapse #1)
A financial crisis causes society to collapse and a small group of friends in Chicago prepare themselves to survive when the city falla apart. I love these apocalypse books where you follow the people trying to survive against all odds!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6280504-patriots 

3) Simone Pond-Hidden Sight (Coastview Prophecies #1)
Sibyl was blinded in an accident but can now see into the supernatural realm. She has a vision of a coming catastrophe and she and shifter guide dog Vago set out to save the town. OK love the cover, love the diverse heroine AND a shifter guide dog! Want to read this!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32861547-hidden-sight 


4) MV Stott-Familiar Magic (London Coven #1)
When her three fellow coven witches, the most powerful in London are killed, Stella is tasked with protecting the city alone and destroying whatever did it. Another great cover and intriguing sounding UF!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34007038-familiar-magic 

5) Kate Morris-The McClane Apocalypse (McClane Apocalypse #1)
Reagan ia a pre Med student at University when economic and social collapse occurs and she has to get back to the family farm. This one is the kind of apocalypse one I like plus for those who like a bit of romance there are Army Ranger men in it!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21901592-the-mcclane-apocalypse-book-1 

6) Mike Kraus-Final Dawn  
Different people struggle to cope in the aftermath of a bomb attack-a sanitation worker, an accountant, a millionaire and a wife and mother. I can never get enough of these kinds of books and I've just read a great short story by the author which makes me want to read this more!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19413299-final-dawn 


7) Steve Alten-Meg (Meg #1)
Jonas is the sole survivor of an attack by an ancient shark and he suffers the trauma afterwards as he seeks to prove it exists. But when he finally gets back into the water, it is waiting for him. Ooh yes, sharks! Love them! I had this book years ago but never read it, and with the film coming out it seems like a good excuse to read it this summer.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/105744.Meg 

8) Sonya Bateman-Wrong Side Of Hell (Deathspeaker Codex #1)
Gideon's job was hauling bodies around for a living and the corpses start talking back to him. The rescue of a werewolf and a message from a dead man will change his life forever. I've tried and liked this author before and have been planning to read this all year but not got to it yet.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28920576-wrong-side-of-hell 

9) Rob Thurman-Nightlife (Cal Leandros #1) 
Cal and his brother Niko are on the run from an elf race who are chasing Cal as he is the key to unleashing Hell on Earth. I've wanted to read this series for so long and I really want to get to it sometime this year. I did start it and liked it but got distracted from it.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/421007.Nightlife 

10) JK Walker-Glacial Eyes (Salt Lake After Dark #1)
After a party that went wrong, werecat student Jasmine is starting to attract attention from the police, council and campus as well as a supernatural serial killer. I read the short story prequel which I enjoyed and look forward to reading this diverse sounding series.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13077781-glacial-eyes


18 comments:

  1. I actually hadn't heard of any of these books until today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feature (and read!) a lot of Indie books here at the Book Cave. A lot of visitors haven't heard of all the things I read! Nice to have you here!

      Delete
  2. So many good ones here I'm going to have to add to my TBR. I've seen a lot of people like the Meg books and with my fascination with Sharks this summer, I can see me picking it up at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do need to get Meg looked at before the film comes out. My dad watched a shark film he enjoyed this week. I think it was called Planet of the Sharks. We like our sharks in this house!

      Delete
  3. To be honest, I haven't heard about any of these books but Kill it with magic looks good, I'll have to check it out! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a lot of Indie books and a lot of visitors don't recognise the titles so don't worry, you're not the only one! Kill it with magic has a great cover and I hope it turns out good. Thanks for stopping by to say hi!

      Delete
  4. Patriots and the McClane Apocalypse both look great. And Meg looks so fun. A movie version? Yes!!

    I've seen the Cal Leandros series around too and it does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cal Leandos sounds like it has a bit of a Supernatural vibe to it and I really want to binge read it this year. There are a lot of series I want to binge read but I'll have to finish The Morganville Vampires first. It's been on my shelf too long already!

      Delete
  5. oh wow it's hard to say which one sounds better here! I do have a weakness for anything military so I'd have to say Patriots and The McClane Apocalypse are my top two on your list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, maybe I should do a military apocalypse list on TTT on a free week just to tempt you!

      Delete
  6. I'm terrible about finishing series I start as well, but I had NO problem finding (way more than) ten series I haven't even started yet.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blame the authors Nicole! How can us poor readers be expected to show restraint when the authors tempt us with shiny new books all the time?!

      Delete
  7. Most of these are new to me, but ooh, I so badly want to read the first book of the Meg series. I read the latest one (which is book 4, I think?) which could be read as a standalone, but one of these days I'd love to go back to the beginning to see how it all started. Plus, giant prehistoric sharks are awesome!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg is going to be on my list for next month I think. I need to get it read so I can watch the upcoming film! Not exactly sure when the film comes out though. Yes to anything with scary sharks! I even liked Three Headed Shark Attack!

      Delete
  8. I love the Cal Leandros series! Happy reading!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to getting my teeth into this series! I read half of book one and was loving it but I don't know what happened to stop me reading on.

      Delete
  9. The Cal Leandros is one of my series I need to start too! Deathspeaker Codex looks good also, I have read Sonya's first Djinn book and need to read the second one, I was glad to see she had another series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the first Deathspeaker book this week and enjoyed it. The characters were good, just like the djinn series so I grabbed the rest of the series and a UF series she's started. I definitely enjoy her writing. So keen to get into the Cal Leandros series!

      Delete