Monday, 19 June 2017

Around The Blogs With Chuckles


We all enjoy snooping and lurking on other people's blogs right? Why not share those entertaining things you found with other readers and bloggers too! Welcome to Around the Blogs with Chuckles, where I take time out to show you some of my favourite blog posts from the previous seven days and link you up so you can check them out.

This Week! One of the reviews-Shadow Run, was posted May 26th but I've only just seen it this week so that counts as this week doesn't it? Just this once...!

1) Audiobook Review-Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky
Mogsy does another excellent review of 'biopunk' sci-fi space opera with mutated and evolved smart spiders. I'm intrigued...are you?

https://bibliosanctum.com/2017/06/12/audiobook-review-children-of-time-by-adrian-tchaikovsky/ 

2) Book Review-Smoke by Dan Vyleta
AJ gives her thoughts on a part historical part dystopia book with great world building that promised much but failed to deliver.

http://ajsterkel.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/review-smoke-dan-vyleta.html 

3) Book Review-Grit by Gillian French
Greg at Book Haven reviews this YA drama.

http://gregsbookhaven.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/grit.html 

4) Bite Sized Reviews
Nicole at Feed Your Fiction Addiction reviews a group of books in one post-YA contemporary and sci-fi along with a giveaway!

https://feedyourfictionaddiction.com/2017/06/bite-sized-reviews-giveaway-eliza-monsters-fix-gauntlet-goodbye-days-sun-also-star.html 

5) Book Review-Dragon Teeth by Michael Crichton
Another one from Mogsy this week, reviewing a bit of Michael Crichton for your enjoyment!

https://bibliosanctum.com/2017/06/15/book-review-dragon-teeth-by-michael-crichton/ 

6) Book Review-Shadow Run by A Strickland and M Miller
Maddalena reviews this cross between Dune and Firefly.

https://spaceandsorcery.wordpress.com/2017/05/26/review-shadow-run-by-a-strickland-and-m-miller/ 

7) Blogging Expectations and why I hate them 
Austine at Novel Knight looks at the changing expectations on book bloggers

http://novelknight.com/2017/06/blogging-expectations-hate/ 

15 comments:

  1. I loved Greg's review of Grit and am now looking forward to checking it out for myself. Off to see a few more of these posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to see what everyone else is posting!

      Delete
  2. Need help! When I view each post individually, the posts look fine like above but on the main blog page all my posts have gone mega bold and I hate it! Any idea how to stop it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First off, thanks for linking to my post! Secondly, your posts seem to look the same to me, whether I'm on the home page or not. They do look bolded (but not crazily mega-bold). Blogger is sometimes wonky and does things that you just for the life of you can't figure out. Wish I had better advice for you!

      Delete
    2. Turns out it was a formatting issue. It's taken nine hours to fix it!!! A problem with the star rating at the bottom...a missing bit of code or something. I deleted the whole star rating code and everything works again. Stupid thing!

      Delete
  3. That Blogging Expectations post is really good. I’ll have to go check out the others.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must be some kind of weird blogger coz I never worry about all that stuff! I thought it was a great post though, and a lot of people will relate to it.

      Delete
  4. I shall check these out, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! It's nice to give a shout out about good blog posts!

      Delete
  5. Yay, thanks for the shoutout! And I'm glad Children of Time caught your attention! I'm so glad my first experience with the author turned out to be such a success, I was so impressed - especially with the smart spiders, haha! :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always great when you try a new author and like their work straight away. I've got lots of new authors to try this summer!

      Delete
  6. These are great. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I want to go check "Blogging Expectations and why I hate them " thanks for sharing this list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I already have a few good things for next week's post...I actually enjoy doing this every week. It's nice if people do find it useful.

      Delete