Saturday, 17 June 2017

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my new feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
 This week began with the continuation of the sore neck saga but changing my posture at the computer and adjusting my sleeping position seems to have done the trick so with relief, I can avoid a trip to the doctor. Good! On the reading side of things I feel as if I'm back on track, getting four books read. I'm hoping to keep that going through the rest of this 'mood read' month and for July I plan to read authors or series that are totally new to me. I've got a lot of exciting things planned in various genres so I'm excited for that! 
 
Blogging has been slow but I have found a few new blogs to follow which is nice! More on that in my blogging section of the post. On the book buying side of things, my mini break last week was fatal and I had a mega splurge. I bought a whole 7 book apocalypse series, a pile of older political diaries, a couple of thrillers and a few horrors. I'll save some of them for future weeks I think as I also have a few downloads. *sigh* I had high hopes of a tbr clearout this year, maybe getting down to 600 on the tbr *sniggers* but since it's June and I'm still at 800, I'd have a better chance of seeing a flying pig!!!
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 
PAPERBACKS:
 
 


 
Chuckles Blogging World: 
 As I had prepared posts for the week ahead, it let me post some stuff on the blog while I had exciting things like ironing and cleaning the bathroom to do. Thrilling. I did get all comments on the blog answered, though a little later than usual but didn't get to visit as many blogs to leave comments on. I'll try to do better this week! I did find a few new blogs to follow though. *waves* to Sherry, Lark, Shaunie and the girls at Novel Knight! 

Book Reviews:
Another pretty slow week for getting reviews written. I found another sheet of paper with review notes for a few books I read in March so I got them uploaded and I hope to get the rest done this week if all goes to plan. I thought I'd done the last of March weeks ago!
 
JT Sawyer-Until Morning Comes

JT Sawyer-First Wave
 
JT Sawyer-The Longest Day
 
JT Sawyer-No Place To Hide

Regular Features: 
 I break from the chosen TTT topic with a nice horror/thriller list for those humid summer nights, we look at zombies in Cover Love and I show you some of the posts I enjoyed this week on Around The Blogs With Chuckles. I have a new feature this week called Feed My TBR where I choose a topic and we all share recs for it. My first post will be about Bigfoot!
 
Top Ten Tuesday-Ten Horror/Thrillers on my TBR!
 
Chuckles Cover Love-Nicholas Sansbury Smith
 
Around The Blogs With Chuckles
 
Feed My TBR!

Discussion Posts: 
This week on Chuckles Chat I talk about terrorism and I look at Stannis Barartheon on my Game of Thrones Gossip post!
 
Chuckles Chat-Terrorism On Your Doorstep 
 
Game of Thrones Gossip-Stannis Baratheon
 
Special Features: 
 
none this week

Book Tags:

This Or That-Bookish Edition
 
Book Challenge Updates:

  My Goodreads Challenge total currently stands at 123/250. This was a much more productive week for getting books read.

TBR total of books I own but haven't read yet stands at 817.*sigh*

Currently Reading: 
Mixing it up a little! I've finished the sixth Extinction Horizon book by Nicholas Sansbury Smith and the following short novella. I plan to start Jack Kilborn's Trapped tonight.

Next Reads? 

Nicholas Sansbury Smith-Orbs

That's all for this week! Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to visit my blog and leave comments. You guys are great! 

 

22 comments:

  1. Argh, bad necks are the worst :( Mine's been awful this week too.

    Glad you found new blogs! That's awesome. Hope you have a wonderful week of reading ahead :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have high hopes for this week! My dad will be glued to five whole days of horse racing so I hope to get lots of reading done while he does that. If I can block out him yelling at each horse...!

      Delete
  2. Looks like we're both doing badly at clearing our TBRs... my excuse is that I don't really want an empty TBR -- what would I read then?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fully empty tbr would be a disaster, I agree on that! But one of say 200 books would be great! I think part of me doesn't want to stop buying and my other half is frustrated about it...kind of like having an angel and devil perched on each shoulder! 'buuuyyy...' 'no Chuckles, don't buy!' 'buuyy, you know you want to...!'

      Delete
  3. I’ve been trying very hard not to acquire more books, but I somehow ended up getting 4 of them this week. I can’t resist cheap books.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're like addicts and those authors are our dealers. I blame them personally...

      Delete
  4. Book buying bans or cutbacks are SO hard. There's just too many good books calling to us! Sorry to hear about the neck pain, hope that is sorted soon. I like the look of Dinosaur Island (why can't we have a real Dinosaur Island- you know, with precautions :)) and savage Jungle looks freaky.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited about these new authors! For July I'm planning a month of reading new authors or new series by favourite authors that I haven't started...I'm already working on my list! This month I need to read as much as I can to get the numbers moving down again. I'd love a real life Jurassic Park but I'd probably be paranoid about the things escaping!

      Delete
  5. I like the cover Trials of Magic, not familiar but it looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one has been on my wishlist for months-and I finally got it free on Amazon this week which I'm pretty happy about!

      Delete
  6. Glad you were able to get your neck pain sorted out without a trip to the doctor. Does it make you feel any better to hear that my TBR list is bigger than yours? I don't even have a number but it has to be in the thousands since I have over 3,000 books on my kindle account alone. I have read some but not enough. I just seem to keep adding. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a few people with bigger tbrs which in a way is good! I know I'm not the only one with self control issues! *grins* I get more angsty about the tbr being so high because I have books and series I want to re-read but feel I can't until I tackle some of the backlog!

      Delete
  7. Glad your neck is doing better. I need to get that Hunter Shea book. I'm finding his books such fun reads. Seems your dad is enjoying him too. So the TBR grows, there are worse things that could happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the sound of most of these Hunter Shea books and I hope to get some read by the end of the summer. I like that they are quicker reads so that should boost my numbers a bit! I'd just love to get these huge numbers down to 100/200 so I can get back to a few re-reads!

      Delete
  8. I found some new blogs too. And several enjoy my favorite genre, horror@ I just finished Just Add Water and noticed I had Savage Jungle. Forgot I bought that! LOL Make sure you change position when reading too. My sister has problems with neck pain from using her Kndle.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My posture is pretty bad at times. I really need to find a better way to read I think! It's a pity I don't have space for a nice chair in my bedroom to relax in.

      Delete
  9. So many good looking books, I especially like the two creature features.
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that dinosaur cover! The book is shorter than I thought it would be but I'll give it a try anyway. Always fun to try new authors!

      Delete
  10. Chuckles, I think you have an EPIC blog! Trials of Magic, and Death Magic both look like fun books! Have a wonderful week of blogging and reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. The UF picks this week certainly look interesting. Now I just need to find the time to read the things...

      Delete
  11. With every book I finish I seem to add two more to the tbr, so I sympathize! Sorry to hear about your neck problems. Occasionally I get really bad upper back and neck pains, but one thing I found that helped a lot was getting a good pillow!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The life of a book addict eh?! I think I need to invest in new pillows but I only bought the last ones 6 months ago. Nothing lasts like it used to!

      Delete