Thursday, 1 June 2017

Reading With Chuckles-June Plan!


Welcome to my June reading plan! This month I've decided to pick fewer books to get through and leave more room for a bit of mood reading. I think that might be a bit more successful, and I'll be choosing books from various genres to widen my choice. It also means if I get into a book, I can keep reading on in the series without messing up my reading plans. Now to the good part: the reading list!

1) Rachel Caine-Fade Out #7 (read)
2) Nicholas Sansbury Smith-Extinction Aftermath #6 (read)
3) Nicholas Sansbury Smith-Extinction Lost #6.5 (read)
4) Jack Kilborn-Trapped #2 (read)
5) Michael Stephen Fuchs-Carnage #12
6) George RR Martin-A Clash of Kings #2 (read)
7) Joe Pike-Project Fear (read)
8) JA Cipriano-Kill it with Magic #1
9) Mike Kraus-Prip'Yat (read)
10) Nicholas Sansbury Smith-Orbs #1 (read)
11) Sonya Bateman-Wrong Side of Hell #1 (read)
12) Dan Hodges-One Minute to Ten (DNF)
13) Hunter Shea-They Rise
14) Hunter Shea-The Jersey Devil

We'll see how I get on with these. The eagle eyed amongst you may have recognised that most of these books are from other reading plans I didn't get round to! 

12 comments:

  1. Mood reading is always a good plan. I hope you like The Jersey Devil - I plan on reading Just Add Water by Shea in the next week or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to pick up Just Add Water at some point in the next few weeks. I really like the sound of it. I think having a short 'want to read this month' list followed by whatever I feel like is the way to go to get the most done. I hope so anyway!

      Delete
  2. I have to allow a bit of room in my reading schedule for reading what I am in the mood for or it starts to feel like work to me. I hope you reach your goals and enjoy your June reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When reading feels like a chore you know you're in trouble! That was happening to me when I was receiving all the free books for review and the deadlines just got too much for me!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm going to have to think of a plan to get through GoT books quicker than spending a week on each one!

      Delete
  4. That's an impressive list! I really enjoyed They Rise and The Jersey Devil. I'm curious about the title Prip'Yat And I want to read Trapped #2. Looking forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started two of them already, one fiction one non fiction so hopefully I'll get through these books nice and speedily!

      Delete
  5. Ah Clash of Kings, enjoy it! I wish he would get his finger out and get the next installment out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're all wishing that Heather! I hope to start it maybe Monday if everything goes to plan.

      Delete
  6. Always good to make a plan. I always set a goal for myself at the start of the year on Goodreads and then through our public library system's summer reading program. I do not pick specific books to read ahead of time, but rather just grab what ever gets my attention and is available either at the library or Half-Price Books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to do well on the Goodreads challenge and I only do a few vague challenges of my own like series reads, non fiction challenge, ebook blitz...things that are easy, have very few rules and are easier to achieve without flying stress levels!

      Delete