Monday, 5 June 2017

Around The Blogs With Chuckles


We all enjoy snooping and lurking on other people's blogs right? Why not share those entertaining things you found with other readers and bloggers too! Welcome to Around the Blogs with Chuckles, where I take time out to show you some of my favourite blog posts from the previous seven days and link you up so you can check them out.

This Week!

1) Book Review: The White Road by Sarah Lotz 
This excellent in depth review from Mogsy really gets you thinking about the claustrophobia of  the Welsh caverns and then the sheer danger of a trek on Everest. I very much enjoyed the review-not sure yet whether or not I'll read this one.

https://bibliosanctum.com/2017/05/30/book-review-the-white-road-by-sarah-lotz/ 

2) Trumppaper! Wipe your butt with Donald!
A Mexican businessman has invented Donald Trump toilet paper so you can wipe your bum and think of him. Love it!

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/offended-mexican-businessman-creates-trump-toilet-paper_062017 

3) New Funko Game of Thrones figures 
New figures for the Game of Thrones universe including Tormund and Wun Wun! I love these things but don't have the house space to collect them!

http://winteriscoming.net/2017/06/01/funko-set-release-new-game-thrones-pop-figurines/ 

4) Game of Thrones Interactive Cemetery
Yes, now you can visit a special Game of Thrones graveyard and leave flowers on the graves of your favourites!
http://winteriscoming.net/2017/06/01/mourn-your-favorite-character-in-this-interactive-game-of-thrones-cemetery/

5) Catelyn Stark: Yea or Nay?
Greg looks at the character of Catelyn Stark in 'A Clash of Kings', discussing whether or not she is good or bad. Fascinating discussion post!

http://gregsbookhaven.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/game-of-thrones-catelyn-stark-yea-or-nay.html 

6) Of Bullies and Jerks
Belle over at Books and Broomsticks shares her thoughts on a children's author who found it funny that Barron Trump was upset at the Trump beheading 'joke'.

https://booksandbroomsticks.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/of-bullies-jerks.html 

7) So You Want To Write A Book Review?
Austine at NovelKnight shares her thoughts on writing a good book review.

http://novelknight.com/2017/05/want-write-book-review/ 

14 comments:

  1. I may be afraid of seeing if I am writing a good book review. I always am torn on reading advice columns like that, I like to see what people think but also know it never changes me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never generally follow the advice on these 'write a review' blog posts but they are interesting to look at. I'll just bumble along in my own simple style!

      Delete
  2. I think I need some Trump paper and that interactive cemetery is AWESOME. So glad you shared that site! Mogsy always has the best reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had fun leaving the flowers on the graves...I'm amazed that some of the graves had ANY flowers on it. Who wants to put flowers on scumbag Boltons or Walder Frey???!!!

      Delete
  3. Haha! I need some Trumppaper in my life.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amused about it being a Mexican product!

      Delete
  4. Got to check some of these out! What a swell idea this is:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out! I hope you get a chance to check out The White Road - and if you do, I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You write really good reviews Mogsy...happy to share the link!

      Delete
  6. A Wun Wun Funko? Oh I may have to have that . Off to check those out...

    And thank you for linking my post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that was kind of exciting!

      Delete
  7. this is a great Feature Chuckles! Love to see what is happening around the blogosphere. Especially about GoT!!! [giggles]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have too much GoT in your life, right?! The new series is creeping closer now...

      Delete