Monday, 12 June 2017

Around The Blogs With Chuckles


We all enjoy snooping and lurking on other people's blogs right? Why not share those entertaining things you found with other readers and bloggers too! Welcome to Around the Blogs with Chuckles, where I take time out to show you some of my favourite blog posts from the previous seven days and link you up so you can check them out.

This Week!

1) Book Review-Mormama by Kit Reed
Barb over at Booker T's farm reviews this southern gothic horror tale.

http://bookertsfarm.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/mormoma-so-now-title-makes-sense.html 

2) Book Review-Sadie the Sadist by Zane Sachs
Bark at Bark's Book Nonsense reviews this twisted tale of a girl you want to stay on the right side of!

http://barksbooknonsense.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/sadie-sadist-x-tremely-black.html

3) Book Review-The Refridgerator Monologues by Catherynne M Valente 
Mogsy at The BiblioSanctum reviews a book about superhero wives and girlfriends and the somewhat traumatic lives they live!

https://bibliosanctum.com/2017/06/05/book-review-the-refrigerator-monologues-by-catherynne-m-valente/

4) Why Comic Movies Need To Follow Comics
Greg at Book Haven looks at the frustrations of the comic being turned into a film and not being satisfying to the reader.

http://gregsbookhaven.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/why-comic-movies-need-to-follow-comics.html 

5) The Power of Pingbacks
How to tag someone so they are notified when you do it. I have no clue about these things but luckily Jackie over at toomuchofabooknerd does it for you!

https://toomuchofabooknerd.wordpress.com/2017/05/18/power-of-pingbacks/

6) About Those Times I Almost Died
I was fascinated by AJ's admissions about two brushes with serious injury.

https://ajsterkel.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/discussion-about-those-times-i-almost.html 

7) What do people want to see in the first scene of GoT S7?
A few fans share their thoughts. I love the idea of The Hound and The Brotherhood linking up with Nymeria's pack and heading for Winterfell!

http://winteriscoming.net/2017/06/07/fans-first-scene-game-of-thrones-season-7-comments/

8) Book Review-Wit'ch Fire by James Clemens
Sarah at dragonsandzombies takes a look at some classic fantasy with a LOTR type theme.

https://dragonsandzombies.com/2017/06/09/review-witch-fire-the-banned-and-the-banished-1-by-james-clemens/

22 comments:

  1. I love it when you do these posts. They give me a chance to see what I might have missed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to find time to browse more blogs that I don't follow!

      Delete
  2. I’ll have to check out that pingback post. Even though I’ve been blogging for a lot of years, I’m clueless about stuff like that.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know nothing about any of this stuff. I thought pingback was when someone on their phone knocks into you and gets bounced backwards into a shop window...

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely going to have to check out a few of these links! I'm a big comic nerd so I'm starting with that one for sure! lol Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like seeing this kind of post so I can mosey over to new blogs to read some good posts.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the shout out, Chuckles! I missed a bunch of these post and have some catching up to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Bark! I never seem to find enough time to just browse new blogs for fun!

      Delete
  5. You have some great bloggers listed here and a few that are new to me. I am going to have to read about the pingbacks because I am clueless. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know so little about computers and this online stuff. I'm glad the post is useful to a few people.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It's fun to see what else is out there...

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing. I am checking so of them out right now.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope some of them are interesting for you Sherry!

      Delete
  8. Thanks again for the shoutout! Also got to discover some interesting blogs and reviews here, and cool stuff like that GoT season 7 first scene article!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much GoT stuff out there that is interesting!

      Delete
  9. Sadie the Sadist?? lol! I HAVE to check out that review! :) Sachs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to love that title don't you!

      Delete
  10. I have no idea about pingbacks lol. Off to read that one. I see a few other good ones I missed too! Thanks for sharing these! and linking to my post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard of it I admit! I don't really learn about these things but thought it might be useful to someone else!

      Delete
  11. Aw, thanks for sharing my blog! That just made my day ;-)
    I love this idea! Will definitely check out the Game of Thrones post, that sounds like fun :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! This is a new feature I'm doing to try and highlight the good stuff I see on other blogs and encourage people to visit. It's been popular so far!

      Delete