Tuesday, 20 June 2017

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag


I saw this book tag over at http://bookertsfarm.blogspot.co.uk/  and decided to give it a go. This tag was originally created by Ely Jayne at http://www.teaandtitles.com/

1) Best Book You've Read So Far in 2017
GRRM's 'A Game Of Thrones' has to be right up there.

2) Best Sequel You've read So Far in 2017 
It would have to be the Extinction Horizon series by Nicholas Sansbury Smith. Every one has been brilliant. Also really liked GRRM's 'A Clash of Kings'.

3) New Release You Haven't Read Yet But Want To
Hunter Shea-Just Add Water. I'm waiting for the paperback for mail order horror fun!

4) Most Anticipated Release For Second Half of 2017
Kevin Hearne-Besieged. New Atticus and Oberon anthology with extra Owen! Oh and the last books in my two favourite zombie series Michael Stephen Fuchs 'Arisen' and Nicholas Sansbury Smith's 'Extinction Horizon' WANT!!! NOW!!!

5) Biggest Disappointment
A few really bad NF this year including Sue Perkins 'Spectacles' and Dan Hodges political parody 'One Minute to Ten'. Big DNFs. Brennan Beard 'Devil of the Forest' was a poor Bigfoot book too. Wanted much more from that.

6) Biggest Surprise
Nothing has really surprised me yet. I'm not one to experiment greatly with the genres I read, sticking mainly to my favourites.

7) Favourite New Author
Based on the zombie series I'd say Nicholas Sansbury Smith but I haven't read his other series yet. Hope to start 'Orbs' this week. Hunter Shea looks quite promising as well on the horror side of things.

8) Newest Fictional Crush
Not interested in this book boyfriend thing.

9) Newest Favourite Character
Fitz and dog Apollo from Nicholas Sansbury Smith's 'Extinction Horizon' and of course Tyrion Lannister from GRRM's 'ASOIAF' series. Myrnin from The Morganville Vampires.

10) Book That Made You Cry
A few favourites bit the dust in Extinction Horizon series. Darn you Nicholas Sansbury Smith! Blubbed a bit over a death in The Morganville Vampires too.

11) Book That Made You Happy
Can't say any made me really happy but I was amused by Sarah Andersen's books this year. The cartoons are funny and I relate totally to her.

12) Favourite Book To Movie Adaptation You've Seen So Far in 2017
Haven't watched any films really this year. Can I count Game of Thrones??? Great first two books read this year turned into awesome TV!

13) Favourite Review You've Written So Far in 2017
I don't rate my own reviews. I don't really think any of them stand out.

14) Most Beautiful Book You've Bought So Far in 2017
I've bought so many this year. Lots of Indie apocalypse books with great covers. I was hoping the answer would be 'The Winds of Winter' but lets not go there...!

15) What Books Do You NEED To Read By The End Of The Year 
Heh, LOTS! I have to finish The Morganville Vampires series. I'd like to catch up on a lot of long running series by Carrie Vaughn, Rob Thurman, Jennifer Estep, Darrell Maloney, George RR Martin, Benedict Jacka and John Marsden but time is already against me!

Want to take part in this book tag? I tag you! Just tell me in the comments if you join in so I don't miss your post.


12 comments:

  1. So glad you did this post. I remember neither of us are into the fictional boyfriend thing - that's why I always pick dogs for that category. I can't believe I didn't include The Iron Druid Chronicles in my TTT this week. My brain must not be working. I really hope you like Just Add Water. I just hauled the sequel (or actually companion) last week and can't wait to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm anxiously awaiting my Oberon fix this summer! The last book is out next year I think so I'm already desperate to read that! I hope you enjoy the Iron Druid books when you get to them...Oberon will be your next book boyfriend!

      Delete
  2. My answer for that last question would be huge! LOL I'm glad you're enjoying Hunter Shea's books. I own most of his in paperback. But ordered Just Add Water and Optical Delusion as ebooks since they are shorter and I didn't want to wait. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad has read The Jersey Devil and is getting started on Swamp Monster Massacre which is the only one I've read so far but I have all of the stand alone books I think. I'll need to get the first book in the Jessica Backman series to see what they are like.

      Delete
  3. I’m doing this tag on Thursday. I’m also not into the whole “book boyfriend” thing. I don’t get crushes on fictional people.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be over to your tag tomorrow then! I saw that you were doing this tag on your weekend post and I liked the title so I was planning to watch for it, then I saw Barb had done it. Yeah the whole book boyfriend thing just leaves me kinda cold!

      Delete
  4. oh I bet GoT is the top one! I should read it!! You make me want to read Extinction too! I wanted to read Spectacles but not sure anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing about Extinction is that they aren't really zombies ie they haven't risen from the dead...just act similar and infect people, so I call them zombies. They are basically mutated humans and there is a lot of fun as they evole into other things-and they turn quick!

      Delete
  5. Yay Game of Thrones. The show is getting closer!! And Extinction Horizon not only sounds good- I love that name!

    I haven't been watching many movies this year either, although I have seen a few...

    And lol about Winds of Winter! Imagine the frenzy when that bad boy comes out... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hearing maybe 2018 for WoW but I'm not pinning hopes on it! Write faster man!!! Seeing those trailers I'm just so ready for S7...I'll be reviewing every episode as it airs as well as my usual GoT post. I need to watch more films but I'm too busy reading!

      Delete
  6. I really need to read and watch Game of Thrones. Sarah Andersen is really a lot of fun. I have so many books that I need to finish this year too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it hard to keep track of all the characters watching season one but I do have a poor memory. Having watched the episodes twice made it so much easier when I read the books. I could imagine the faces from the series and keep track of everyone!

      Delete