Thursday, 8 June 2017

Book Review: The End by Eric S Brown


With a cult, worldwide following, the Bigfoot War series introduced the concept of the Sasquatch apocalypse to the horror genre. Now, the series concludes with Bigfoot War: The End. The fate of mankind will be decided once and for all.

My Review: 
In the aftermath of a space battle, the Forerunner is damaged badly and is going to crash down onto the nearest planet which is Earth. When they get there, first priority is to see who survived and what on the ship is working. Gina is convinced that they have landed on Earth in the future and she is well aware what is lurking out there in the trees, the dominant species on the planet.

Hughie is on watch when he hears the first of the creatures, a sound that sends terror through him. As they watch and wait, their number of survivors have reduced and morale is low. Being sent out to investigate what made the noise does not appeal to anyone...

This was a bit of an average end to the series if I'm honest. It's ok but we don't get much in the way of Sasquatch action or the big exciting finale. It ends with more of a whimper than a bang! Still it was an enjoyable series overall.  

Read April 2017.
2.5 stars

6 comments:

  1. Sorry it was a better series-ender for you. The cover itself makes the whole book look very bleak in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a very imaginative cover is it, especially when you compare it to the great graphics on earlier books. The cover looks like an afterthought which is kind of how I viewed the plot itself-thrown together!

      Delete
  2. Darn! I was hoping for all out Sasquatch mayhem. I've got one other book to read before I get to this one. Well, at least I won;t go into it with high expectations and maybe I'll enjoy it more because of that. Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had hoped for more in this last book...a massive battle, a new weapon to defeat the hairy beasts...but it wasn't what I expected!

      Delete
  3. Wow, well, that doesn't sound good at all. I hate bad series ends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy the series overall so I guess that's the main thing.

      Delete