Saturday, 3 June 2017

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my new feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my blog! Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
Another week gone and I'm happy enough with how things are going. I got stuck into the Nicholas Sansbury Smith zombie series and got the first five books read-just one more and a short novella to get that up to date. Things went pretty well at the blog too and I've actually got ahead in my blog posts, enough to take a few days off to read and chill out up to the General Election on Thursday. I feel some GRRM coming on and intend to read A Clash of Kings next! On the book buying side of things a pile of pre-orders from Amazon arrived so that was fun! I also discovered that you can buy Twinkies on Amazon which could be fatal to the waistline! 

PAPERBACKS:




This totally gorgeous Philosopher's Stone 20th anniversary edition all have coloured pages to match the covers! They are a great set and the pre-order price was low so why wouldn't I rush to buy them all? Wicked!


 Chuckles Blogging World:

I'm kind of pleased with how each day has gone this week. I decided to post twice each day for the most part to give me time to get the posts for next week prepared. I'm have a few days off Monday-Wednesday just to have some chill out and reading time. Please post your comments as normal and I'll start getting back to you probably on Thursday. I just need a few days to chill with my dad. I'm amazed I got ahead in scheduled posts enough to do this, frankly! I'll be back visiting all your blogs on Thursday and Friday so everything will be caught up by the weekend. Click on the link provided to go to each blog post if you missed it during the week and feel free to stop by and leave a comment!

Book Reviews: 

Happy to say that I've now got all my book reviews from March posted to the blog. I will be continuing the book reviews for those I read in April now, other than my Retro Reads posts of course. Now that the backlog is under control, I'll be looking to spend more time on blog lurking and some more discussion posts, maybe even put up a few self made book tags. I might work on that while I'm on my blog break!

Eric S Brown-Redneck Apocalypse

Eric S Brown-Outbreak

Eric S Brown-Zombie Apocalypse

Eric S Brown-Frontier

Eric S Brown-After The Fall

Sarah Andersen-Adulthood is a Myth

Regular Features:

 Top Ten Tuesday-Ten Monster Books I want to Read This Year!

Chuckles Cover Love-Eric S Brown

Around The Blogs With Chuckles

Discussion Posts: 

This week I was thinking about how publishing dates can be so annoying and looking at the season one deaths in Game of Thrones!

Chuckles Chat-Publishing Dates

Game of Thrones Gossip-Season One Deaths

Book Challenge Updates:

It's the end of another month so I took a look back at my book challenges and how I got on. Bit of a mixed bag really... 

Get 'Em 'Orf The Shelves Month!

Reading With Chuckles-June Plan

  My Goodreads Challenge total currently stands at 117/250. Happy!

TBR total of books I own but haven't read yet stands at 805. Not bad. Ahem...

Currently Reading: 
Mixing it up a little! I'm about to start the sixth Extinction Horizon book by Nicholas Sansbury Smith and I'm also well into Project Fear, a look behind the scenes of the No campaign in the 2014 Scottish Independence Referendum. 

Next Reads? 

George RR Martin-A Clash of Kings

That's all for this week! Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to visit my blog and leave comments. You guys are great! 

10 comments:

  1. Nothing like getting ahead in your blogging right? AHHH such a zen feeling :) I love Twinkies too! OH NOOOO I'll try to forget they are on Amazon! I'm super jealous of your 20th anniversary edition! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not going to last sadly! I covered my blog break with scheduled posts but today I'm playing catchup on blog visits and answering comments! So I'm kind of back to square one this weekend...Yes to Twinkies on Amazon! *grins*

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your time that you are taking off. Everyone needs time to just relax every once in a while. I hope you enjoy A Clash of Kings this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got half read in three days which is decent I guess. Now I need to get it done and move on to other books asap!

      Delete
  3. I would have bought all four versions of those HP 20th anniversary editions too. They're so pretty and colorful! And plus how could I choose just one house?

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked Hufflepuff first but then I thought how NICE the other colours looked and ended up buying them all. I draw the line at the set of hardbacks though...

      Delete
  4. Those HP covers are nice! And yay for Clash of Kings. Enjoy your break this week- breaks are good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The break was nice but I have so much to catch up on! Halfway through A Clash of Kings!

      Delete
  5. I had fun on your blog this week. We like so many of the same authors and genres. Did you say Twinkies on Amazon? Uh oh. Have you tried the new fudge covered ones? Heaven!!! LOL

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fudge covered? I need to stay away from those bad boys for sure! I'm so pleased that you enjoy the blog...very kind of you to say so!

      Delete