Sunday, 11 June 2017

Chuckles Cover Love #29


If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all. 

This week I'm looking at the covers for the Extinction Horizon series by Nicholas Sansbury Smith. It is a zombie series of sorts except the people are not the risen dead but infected and turned into humanoid monsters which is pretty similar. I like these covers especially the ones featuring the brave dog Apollo!

 




















 




















 





















The last book in this series comes out at the end of the year and I'm very excited to see what happens! As long as Apollo survives...

8 comments:

  1. I like the warm orange colors. Interesting how they decided to go blue with the last book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blue book is just a short novella to keep us going until the final book in November. I think the author just wanted it to look different because of that.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an interesting series. I do like these covers but am a bit surprised that the newest one uses different colors than the other ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they just used blue to distinguish this short novella from the rest of the series. The last book cover coming out later this year is orange again.

      Delete
  3. I think Orbit just reissued or is reissuing this whole series, which I'm going to take advantage of and check it out! I've always wanted to try Nicholas Sansbury Smith...

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved this series! I've read the first five and will finish book five and the novella this week. Then I need to wait until November for the finale!

      Delete
  4. I like Lost and Aftermath the ebst, but Horizon is nice too with the biohazard symbol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Lost because Apollo features more on it!

      Delete