Saturday, 24 June 2017

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my new feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
 It's been a good reading week. I got a few read off my June list and went back to the Morganville Vampires series. These books are actually pretty quick to read and I'm getting through one per day which is great for both tbr and series catchup! Can't complain about that then. I'm hoping to get this series finished this month which would be great or the start of next. It would be a big win for my series catch up! I'm a full week ahead in my blogging so I hope to keep that going as it gives some leeway if things get busy. We'll see how long it lasts anyway. 

Of course I showed no restraint on the book buying side of things (shock!!!) and grabbed some shiny new books in the horror, apocalypse and urban fantasy genres. I read and enjoyed the first book in Sonya Bateman's Deathspeaker series. I had books 2 and 3 so I just had to buy the rest (4-6). I also grabbed a new Darrell Maloney (book 10), a new Grace Hamilton book (book 3) and a new Franklin Horton book (book 5), a new apocalypse series I want to try by William H Weber, a new Sonya Bateman UF book and a totally new-to-me author Orlando A Sanchez. I'm literally waiting for the Amazon packages to arrive! Ooh wait, one has arrived and need the other! Hurry up!!! *fidgets*

PAPERBACKS:











DVDS:
Decided to treat my dad to The Great Wall which he watched and LOVED, plus I just had to get the last Resident Evil film for both of us and a sci-fi film I loved many years ago when I first saw it. Finally got a copy from Poland with English audio!


Chuckles Blogging World:
  It was a pretty good blogging week overall. I managed to visit some new blogs and follow a few new ones too! *waves* to Darlene, Eve, Lillian, Kati...Hope to be lurking round more new blogs soon! I've joined a new meme to hopefully connect with more people, and today I'll catch up with a couple of days of comments after I post this. I'm ahead of schedule with most of my blog posts for next week done. Things are going nicely! As always, click on the links for any post you might have missed last week and say hi! All comments will be answered.

Book Reviews:
Why am I so SLOW at writing book reviews? I'm hopeless! The good news is that I think I have finally finished writing my reviews from March. I know I keep saying that and finding more but I am confident that I can move on to uploading reviews for what I read in April which includes The Morganville Vampires and Bigfoot War! 

JG Faherty-Cemetery Club

Rick Chesler-Hotel Megalodon

Brennan Beard-Devil Of The Forest

Jonah Buck-Carrion Safari

Dane Hatchell-The Lost World of Patagonia
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/book-review-lost-world-of-patagonia.html 

Regular Features: 
  This week my Top Ten Tuesday was about series I need to start, I started my first Can't Wait Wednesday, went around the blogs to spy on all of you again, did my Cover Love featuring JA Cipriano, continue my new one called Feed My TBR where I post a topic and we all recommend any books we know to each other. Nice! This week is the Loch Ness Monster so check it out for book ideas!

Top Ten Tuesday-Series I need to start

Can't Wait Wednesday-Wendigo 

Chuckles Cover Love-JA Cipriano

Around The Blogs With Chuckles

Feed My TBR!-The Loch Ness Monster

Discussion Posts: 
Chuckles Chat this week was about Scheduled Posts and my Game of Thrones gossip looked at Theon Greyjoy in the first two seasons.

Chuckles Chat-Scheduled Posts

Game of Thrones Gossip-Theon Greyjoy
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/game-of-thrones-gossip-21-theon-greyjoy.html 

Special Features: 

none this week

Book Tags:

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag

Book Challenge Updates:

  My Goodreads Challenge total currently stands at 129/250. This was a much more productive week for getting books read.

TBR total of books I own but haven't read yet stands at 820.*sigh* My utter loss of control on Amazon really didn't help matters! On the bright side, shiny new books!

Currently Reading: 
Today I'm reading a short story and then book 10, both of The Morganville Vampires. I can get through roughly one of these novels a day and I'm hoping to finish the series by the end of the month which would be great!

Next Reads? 
Morganville Vampires books 11-15

That's all for this week! Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to visit my blog and leave comments. You guys are great! 

 

26 comments:

  1. Yayyy for shiny new books and being ahead with blogging! I have a hard time saying no to those Amazon books too! lol. I am the opposite as you with blogging right now. I've really been struggling with these migraines so I'm playing catch up again this week. You are doing great with your Goodreads goal! I've read 100/200 so far so I'm halfway there! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like we're both doing well with the Goodreads challenge at the moment! I can fully understand how hard it has been for you with blogging while your health is suffering. I wish there was something I could suggest. I really hope these new treatments help and give you some relief.

      Delete
  2. You got some amazing looking books this week, Chuckes! I love the covers for the whole series by Sonya Bateman :)
    I'm reading like a fiend this week, too - one book per day as well - and I love catching up. However, I don't feel like writing any reviews, so I have absolutely nothing scheduled ahead o.O
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really liking Sonya Bateman as an author. I liked her djinn series which I hope she might start self publishing to keep it going. The first Deathspeaker book was good so I have high hopes for the series! It's great when you feel you are making progress with the reading isn't it!

      Delete
  3. I’m glad you were able to get so much reading done. I DNFed a book after reading more than half of it, so that was a massive waste of my reading time this week. I hope you enjoy your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate wasted reading time! I'm enjoying my reading at the moment and feel like I'm getting somewhere so I just hope it continues! Hopefully better reading is coming for you this week.

      Delete
  4. Ooo, Resident Evil. My brother and I are working through the series. Next up, Retribution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've watched the first two Resident Evil films and liked them so hopefully I'll enjoy the rest. The first two books were good too.

      Delete
  5. Wow that's a lot of new books! Glad this reading week was good, I hope next week will be too :)

    The Morganville Vampires sounds interesting! I'll keep an eye out for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some great characters in Morganville-mad scientist vampires, scary vampires, good vampires and a cast of teenagers who are smart and brave. I love it and so does my dad!

      Delete
  6. I love book mail, it's the best. And the Morganville Vampires series is supposed to be pretty good, from what I've heard. Can you believe I've never seen a Resident Evil film? I don't know what my problems is, seems like I'd like 'em.

    Hope you have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Morganville Vampires! Great characters and fast action plots! Also the teenagers are not whiny and pathetic, they are great! I can't believe I've only watched two of the films when I love my zombies so much!

      Delete
  7. Hope you love all of these. Glad to hear your dad watched The Great Wall - I liked it as well too. I hope you love the last Resident Evil movie. I haven't seen that other movie so I might have to check it out if I can find it. Congrats on getting some reviews done. They can take some time and I find them the hardest thing to get done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reviews are a pain-they take me hours and I'm never happy with the finished result! I'll be reviewing the Morganville Vampires next which works out well as I hope to get that series read by the end of the month. I've really enjoyed it!

      Delete
  8. Great week, and you had an awesome haul. It's hard to show restraint when it comes to books! I should know, haha! And I'm hoping for a chance to watch The Great Wall soon!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Restraint is for wimps! I embrace my weakness! *grins* My dad thinks I'll like The Great Wall but it could be years before I get it watched! I still haven't watched Fantastic Beasts!

      Delete
  9. You're doing far better with your TBR list than I have been, but I'm hoping next month will be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be doing better if I just stopped buying more books but THAT ain't gonna happen!

      Delete
  10. You're doing great with your Goodreads Challenge! I'm still 6 books behind on my challenge of 80 books....I still have a month of summer left to catch up though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer last year was dreadful for my reading but this year has been so much better so far. Good luck with your Goodreads Challenge!

      Delete
  11. You know a series is good when you start getting through one book a day! The First new book you got looks especially interesting, then I'm kind of interested in Dark Defiance. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a good series with bigger print so it makes it easy to read at my top speed! I like that! Dark Defiance is book three in the series but they all look great! I think book four is coming out now. I can't keep up with all these apocalypse books!

      Delete
  12. Yay for a good reading week! Good thing, given this haul, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have these good reading weeks but then the Amazon packages just seem to come...!

      Delete
  13. I think I have both of those J.A. Konrath books. I thought they sounded great. Way to go on being ahead on your blog. I am caught up with reviews for the most part but I am always scrambling around at the last minute. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit stressed on the blog today-I feel like I have way too much to do and not enough time! I hate days like that! Have a good week too!

      Delete