If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all.
This week I'm looking at a Plantagenet series that caught my eye when I was book browsing. The covers had something about them that set them apart from the others and I was keen to read more about the War of the Roses so I just had to grab them!



Ah, a most fascinating time period! I love stories about the War of the Roses too :)
ReplyDelete~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum
Want to read these and reread the Philippa Gregory Cousins War books. Love the time period too!
DeleteI'd like to read more too. Those covers are amazing. I like when a series is recognizable by them too.
ReplyDeleteSuch a fascinating period of history with the Plantagenets and Tudors! The covers just set the scene for the books with those covers!
DeleteOoh nice. I like all of those although if I HAD to pick I would go with Bloodline and Ravenspur- the bird and the dragon clinch it for me. :)
ReplyDeleteHard to pick a favourite but I do like the animals too!
DeleteI can see what you had to get these. I love this type of cover. I think Trinity is my favorite of them all.
ReplyDeleteThis kind of cover seems popular on this kind of book. I love this design, it always catches my eye!
Delete