Monday, 3 April 2017

Chuckles Cover Love #19


If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all. 

This week I'm looking at an action packed YA horror series with mutant monsters. Yest It's Matt Archer Monster Hunter! What I love about these covers are the splashes of colour with the landscape backgrounds and the magic knife appearing on each one. You can tell looking at them that there is a horror element to the books and I like that. I love that vivid blue on Legend though Bloodlines and Blade's Edge are my favourites!



4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I think the 4th one is my favorite. There's something about the bright blue background and then the yellow contrast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the vivid colour of blue used on that cover. I really need to get the last book in the series read but I don't want to as it means the series is over!

      Delete
  2. I love mutants ha ha! I think I like Blade's Edge the best but I like the eyes in the background on the first two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are plenty mutant monsters in this series to keep anyone happy!

      Delete