Monday, 10 April 2017

Chuckles Cover Love #20


If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all. 

I love my zombies and most of the covers tend to be scary or gruesome! Here I show off one of my favourite sets of zombie covers. They all fit the books and are great pieces of artwork. I love these covers!



11 comments:

  1. While I'm sure End is will be almost everyone's favorite, I think I like Interval the best. It sort of has a "The Thing" vibe going. You always find the best zombie books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminds me a bit of The Thing too. Ironically, though I love them all, End is my favourite!

      Delete
  2. I'm partial to Beginning and the fact that she has her foot on his/its skull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets hope she checked it was really dead first...

      Delete
  3. I love all three of those but I might like the snowy one best. There's something terrifying about zombies or evil things way up in the arctic or wherever. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The three covers definitely match the events in each book which I like instead of just vague pics of snarling zombies! I used to want to work in one of these antarctic research buildings...ever since I first saw The Thing! Now I'm not so sure about it...

      Delete
    2. I know, I've read a few thrillers now set in those environments and it's like, um, no thanks!!

      Delete
  4. End is my favorite but all of these are good. I see what you mean about The Thing. I love that movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love The Thing! It was the first horror film I was ever allowed to watch...I was nine I think and I LOVED it! I still watch it a lot. I also really liked the prequel film that came out a few years back. Great settings for horror and apocalypse stuff!

      Delete
  5. I can tell you like your Zs. Omg that first cover is totally nightmarish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my zombies! I've still got a ton of them unread in my house so lots more zombie fun this year...

      Delete