Sunday, 30 April 2017

Chuckles Cover Love #23


If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all. 

This week I'm looking at a Plantagenet series that caught my eye when I was book browsing. The covers had something about them that set them apart from the others and I was keen to read more about the War of the Roses so I just had to grab them!

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Ah, a most fascinating time period! I love stories about the War of the Roses too :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Want to read these and reread the Philippa Gregory Cousins War books. Love the time period too!

      Delete
  2. I'd like to read more too. Those covers are amazing. I like when a series is recognizable by them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a fascinating period of history with the Plantagenets and Tudors! The covers just set the scene for the books with those covers!

      Delete
  3. Ooh nice. I like all of those although if I HAD to pick I would go with Bloodline and Ravenspur- the bird and the dragon clinch it for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to pick a favourite but I do like the animals too!

      Delete
  4. I can see what you had to get these. I love this type of cover. I think Trinity is my favorite of them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This kind of cover seems popular on this kind of book. I love this design, it always catches my eye!

      Delete