Wednesday, 12 April 2017

Chuckles Tunes


Welcome to Chuckles Tunes where I look at different songs from different decades to give you an idea of what is on my MP3 player or playing in my cd player! I'll also look at favourite albums that have some meaning to me. Music wise I love rock'n'roll, 60's-80's, rock, country, soul, motown, glam rock. Not really into rap, dance and a lot of what charts these days!

50's: 
One of the classic 50's songs has to be by the recently sadly departed Chuck Berry. I love Johnny B Goode. I got into listening to this old rock'n'roll by watching 80's films with this kind of soundtrack like Back to the Future and Peggy Sue Got Married, then hunting down cds in the library and buying what I liked.

video

60's: 
For the sixties I'm picking out Tales of Brave Ulysses by Cream. This is a classic psychedelic 60's song. I first heard it on an episode of Buffy many years back (Band Candy) and loved it, going straight out to buy the album. Anyone who can make a hit song out of Greek mythology is doing something right!


70's: 
One of favourite songs of the 70's was ACDC Highway to Hell. I listen to this loud enough to wake the zombies! Love this song. Enjoyed seeing it featured on season one of Supernatural and have fond memories of headbanging to it at the all night party at the student union. The perfect song for 5am!


80's: 
This is the decade I grew up in so I have a particular fondness for the music! I had a major crush on Adam Ant so that is a great place to start. We all learned the Prince Charming dance and I used to lead everyone round the assembly hall at school discos...magic memory! And was so hot in the video!



modern:
I think one of my favourite more up to date songs has to be by a great Scottish band Franz Ferdinand. Love the group name and their music. I'm picking their brilliant Do You Want to?


Heard any of these? Any memories attached to these songs? 

12 comments:

  1. The summer before my first year of college, I had a job at a local department store. There were about 5 from my high school so when we had to close at 9:00pm and clean up afterwards, we'd always blast Highway to Hell through the store for the stereo department and you could hear everyone yelling and screaming. I also loved Adam Ant (although maybe not as much as you :) and enjoyed the video Strip. I like Franz Ferdinand as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the sound of finishing a shift with Highway to Hell! Puts you in a good mood for going home! I like Franz Ferdinand for their singalong rocking stuff!

      Delete
  2. AC DC, Adam Ant, and Franz Ferdinand - nice! My musical tastes tend to run the same way, 80s metal and new wave, and more current alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Johnny B Goode from Back to the Future. Awesome movie BTW. And AC/ DC- yes please. I like Back in Black though- the ultimate rock album lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just something so cool about Highway to Hell...I go mad when I hear it! A lot of the films in the 80's had really good soundtracks and got me listening to different stuff.

      Delete
  4. As soon as I saw Franz Ferdinand, that was the exact song that came into my head lol. Admittedly I think I only know a few of their songs though, so I didn't have a whole lotta options in my brain :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's impossible not to sing along with that! I've got my mp3 player on today while I catch up with everything and Franz is up next!

      Delete
  5. I was a kid in the 90's so I missed the great 70's and 80's! I was never a fan of ACDC, but I love Black Sabbath, Dio, Metallica & Queen for example.. And David Bowie, my first crush ;-)

    At the moment the dominating bands/singers on my playlist are: Disturbed, Atreyu, Guns n Roses, Abba, Kid Rock and System of a Down.. what a combination ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Queen, Abba and David Bowie-they are all starring on my mp3 player at the moment! Also like Guns n Roses and Metallica.

      Delete
  6. Yes to Franz Ferdinand! That is such a great song1

    ReplyDelete