Tuesday, 31 March 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Recent Additions to TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! http://www.brokeandbookish.com/

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. 

This week the subject is Recent Additions to tbr. My tbr is for books that I have purchased or downloaded but haven't yet read so I had plenty of books to choose from this week! I decided to look at the latest books in series that I have started but not caught up with.
 
1) Benedict Jacka-Alex Verus series
I loved Fated for its fast moving magic based plot, the character development and the fact that there was something interesting about each character and situation. The last book Hidden came out in September and the newest addition will be Veiled, due out this summer. Hopefully I will have caught up by then!
 
2) Jennifer Estep-Elemental Assassin series
I really liked Spider's Bite but I haven't read the rest of the series yet. Black Widow, book 12, came out last year but the new book Spider's Trap comes out this summer so I'll be grabbing that. In the ideal world I'll have caught up by then but I have my doubts about that!
 
3) Christina Henry-Black Wings series 
I very much enjoyed the first book Black Wings which is the only one I've read so far, and the series concluded with book 7 Black Spring in October last year. I'm looking forward to catching up with Maddy and her pet gargoyle!
 
4) Rachel Caine-The Morganville Vampires series 
OK so this series finished a while back but it has been sitting on my tbr since then waiting to be read. I loved book 1 Glass Houses, and I kept planning a series catchup that I never found time for. Now I'll be reading the whole series in one mad readathon when I can fit it in!
 
5) Kevin Hearne-The Iron Druid series
This is another series where I've only read book 1 but really enjoyed it. The last book published was Shattered, back in the summer last year and the next one isn't due out until 2016. OK I definitely plan to have caught up with the series by then!  
 
6) Kelly Meding-Dreg City series 
I loved the first book Three Days to dead and when the publisher pulled the plug on the series after book 4 I was pleased that the author decided to self publish. Book 5 Requiem for the Dead came out in September 2013 but no sign of the paperback copy yet!
 
7) CE Murphy-The Walker Papers series
I really liked Urban Shaman where one of our heroes is a taxi driving pensioner! Great stuff! I haven't read the rest of the series yet but the final book Shaman Rises came out last year. Must put in the effort to catch up with it soon!
 
8) Rob Thurman-Cal Leandros series 
I haven't read any of the books in the series but I'm obsessed with buying them! The last book Downfall came out around last summer and I don't know when the next book is coming out. One of the many things I want to catch up with this year!
 
9) Carrie Vaughn-Kitty Norville series
This is another series where I read and liked the first book, grabbed the whole series but never got back to reading it! Book 13 Low Midnight came out in December so I have some serious catching up to do! 
 
10) Jaye Wells-Prospero's War series
I read the first of the Sabina Kane books and liked it so I've since grabbed most of what the author has written, and of course I'm way behind! This series has gorgeous covers so I really hope I like it! Deadly Spells which is Book 3 came out in February. 
 
 



12 comments:

  1. I have so many of these to read, too! Gah. So many books, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! I have a huge pile of paperbacks by Indie authors I want to read, published series like those above to catch up with, dystopian series to finish, old horror books to try...the list is never ending and it doesn't help when I keep grabbing free zombie ebooks!

      Delete
  2. I loved the first 2 books in the Black Wing series and own all of the Iron Druid series on my Kindle but have only read 2 short stories set in that world. I have read the first in the Walker Papers series. What can I say, too many books, not enough time. Great list. The Jaye Wells book looks great as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many series to catch up on! I so want to read things like The Morganville Vampires but there are so many other books I want to read too! Arrgghh! Too many choices!

      Delete
  3. I need to catch up on Morganville, too! I read 1-9, then stopped. I currently own 11-15, so I'll need to get 10 from the library. But it's been sooooo long, that I'm actually just going to start over! It should be fun!

    And Elemental Assassin is great! The first few books have some repetition issues, but that's minor compared to the ass-kicking! LoL

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spider's Bite was a good read...I have high hopes for that series. My dad has already devoured The Morganville Vampires and loved it! He likes grabbing all my urban fantasy books!

      Delete
  4. I've heard about Carrie Vaughn's Kitty Norville series, but haven't read any of them yet... I'll have to read one at some point. Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the first book though I barely remember anything about it now! I'll need to reread it before I dive into the rest of the series.

      Delete
  5. All of these are new to me, I will have to check them out!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might be leading you astray!

      Delete
  6. Oh goodness. You have some on there that I need to get to and back to. lol. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need more time to get caught up on all these great series! I want to read them all RIGHT NOW! *stamps foot*

      Delete