Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books on Spring TBR!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! http://www.brokeandbookish.com/

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. 
 
OK, this week I am talking about the books I want to get to on my Spring TBR. Next month on my blog, I plan to read and get reviewed books I have bought by Indie authors who I first had contact with when they provided me with a free ereader copy of their book or who assisted me in getting Indie books I was searching for. Next month is my chance to thank them by reviewing their books! So my top ten here will be the series I plan to read next month!
 
1) David Estes-The Dwellers series
I was friends with the author on Goodreads after he got in touch over our shared love of dystopia and he told me there was a free promotion on the first book in the Dwellers series. So I grabbed my free copy and LOVED it, giving it 5 stars. Now I am finally planning to read the other 6 books in the series during April and I'm so looking forward to it! This is a dystopian epic with rebellion, treason, friendship and an evil government and has tons of action and great characters.
 
 
2) DelSheree Gladden-Someone Wicked This Way Comes series 
I got chatting to the author in a group we were in and I was interested in the books that she was writing so she sent me a pile of ebooks to try! This series tells the story of a brother and sister who have to fight vicious impulses to kill their classmates every day, due to a terrible family legacy and curse. I've read book one-Wicked Hunger and it was a great read so I look forward to reading the whole series next month.

 
3) Claire C Riley/Madeline Sheehan-Thicker than Blood
I met Claire through a mutual author friend Ken Mooney who recommended her work and she provided me with a free copy of her Odium zombie novel, which was very enjoyable! Now she is co-author of a new zombie series and I have grabbed a copy of the first book. I can never resist zombies! This is the story of two women trying to survive in the zombie apocalypse and bonded together by their friendship. It sounds intriguing!


4) Suzy Turner-Raven series
This was another case where I got chatting to the author and became interested in her books. She was very kind in sending me review copies of her books and the first one I read was Raven. This was a great 5 star YA paranormal book about an unwanted girl finding a new life and family as she discovers her shifter nature. Great characters, touching coming of age drama AND shifters! This book had everything and I was caught up in the story. Look forward to finishing the series in April.
 
 
5) Kendra C Highley-Matt Archer Monster Hunter series
I met Kendra when I applied to be part of her blog tour in January 2014 and I was given ebooks of the books in the series-it totally blew me away and I had to gran paperback copies. I have still to read the final book in the series which I have been saving! Matt Archer is a teenage boy who is brought into the armed forces to hunt monsters around the world. The characters are superb and it is non stop urban fantasy action with a range of mutant monsters!
 
 
6) Nikki Jefford-Aurora Sky Vampire Hunter series 
I was alerted to these books by a fellow blogger who loved the author's work-Angie over at Pinkindle Reads and Reviews and I was intrigued. I mean, vampires! I was alerted by the author to special promotions featuring the books which I snagged but I really wanted to get my hands on the new cover paperbacks which I did this month. So I'm planning to read the whole series next month which should be exciting! 
 
 
7) Eli Constant-Dead Trees  
I found out about her books through Claire C Riley's website and loved the idea of Dead Trees. The author was kind enough to offer a re-edited version of book one and free copy of book two which I was unable to accept due to time constraints, but I did buy book two in paperback and I'm hoping to get it read either this month or next month. A single mother and her kids battle to stay alive in a world dominated by zombie like underground humanoid cannibals!
 
 
8) Skyla Dawn Cameron-Demons of Oblivion series
This author's books were out of print and she was waiting to get the rights back before she was able to reissue the books for sale this month. I had been wondering on Twitter if the books were going to come out again and the author took the time to contact me to explain the situation and kept me updated on the future releases which I grabbed as soon as they became available! Vampires and vampire hunters-lovely!
 
 
9) Ada Adams-Angel Creek trilogy
The long awaited ending to this series is due out this month and if it does come out, I'll snag the paperback. I received free copies of the previous books from the author to review after hearing about them from another blogger. This was a great vampire series with humour, action, betrayal, vampire politics and a great cast of characters  that you root for. It's a pity it was limited to three books but I look forward to it anyway.
 
 
10) Ken Mooney-The Last Olympiad series
Ken was one of the first Indie authors I had contact with when I applied to review his dark fantasy mytholody book Godhead which was GREAT! Health issues have delayed the second book so I'm not sure exactly when it is coming but I will be grabbing it straight away to read and enjoy. This was a modern X Men type story with the mythology of Ancient Greece and it is a really great read. Looking forward to The Hades Contract!
 
 
 



17 comments:

  1. I always feel terrible when I don't know the books on your list! Oops. I hope you enjoy these though and you have a great Spring of reading! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *giggles* I barely knew a book on ANY of the lists that I visited today! I felt like I was a parrot, just saying 'good luck with your reading' and 'I'm not familiar with these books' on every blog! So don't worry about not being familiar with mine!

      Delete
    2. I could ALMOST say "Good luck with your reading" and "I'm not familiar with these books," but I actually have heard of one of the authors, Nikki Jefford. :)

      You've got a good plan for your TBR!

      Delete
    3. I feel so horrible when I can't say anything about the books on the lists! This is the problem when I have a more limited list of genres I read!

      Delete
  2. I plan on getting the David Estes witch series this week for my Kindle after seeing it on your blog last week. I also have always been interested in Thicker than Blood and can't wait to see your thoughts. I might have to start a monthly meme called "Chucklesthescot made me buy it!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sniggers* Oh I'm a bad chuckles, leading you astray like that! Don't worry I still have over 530 unread books to entice you with!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, most of these are new to me! I haven't read any of David Estes books, but quite a few are on my to-read list. I always feel a bit daunted when I begin a new series with lots of books already released! Most days, my tbr scares me so much anyway, I try not to add too many more to it, hahaha! Have a great week, Chuckles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tbr has been scaring me for quite a few weeks! I figured if I have a theme each month it might help keep me motivated so next month is Indie Author, then May will probably be dystopia! Lovely! Then maybe urban fantasy for June...I bought those David Estes dwellers books back in 2013 and I just can't wait any longer to read them-but it gives me the excuse to reread The Moon Dwellers!

      Delete
  4. I've had my eyes on the Aurora Sky series. It sounds awesome. All the rest are new to me. Good luck with the series reading! Thanks for stopping by Michelle's Minions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say how excited I am to read these books next month! Indie Author month is going to be GREAT! Vampires, evil governments, zombies, shifters, Greek Gods and monsters! EEK!

      Delete
  5. The Dwellers series and GODHEAD sounds damn amazing! I need to read a ton of these books :D

    Cristian @ http://thebookishgod.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Godhead was a great read...when you mix Greek mythology with humans who develop X-Men type powers and add in some demons you get a great read! The Moon Dwellers is one of the top 5 dystopian books I've ever read so I'm excited to read the whole series now!

      Delete
  6. All of these are new to me! Excited for your reviews!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read the books and I really need to get the reviews uploaded quicker!

      Delete
  7. Oh so glad to see Skyla's books on your list. :) I'm rather curious about Godhead though, especially after your post on the short story. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AS soon as I saw on your blog that they were out for sale, I couldn't get to Amazon quick enough to buy! I'm going to read them all hopefully for my April Indie Author month...yea!

      Delete
  8. I really want to try The Moon Dwellers too :) It sounds different and different can be SO GOOD in books. Great list!!

    ReplyDelete