Saturday, 14 March 2015

Stacking the Shelves #75


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords.
                  
Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
 
This week I'm listing all the paperbacks that I bought last week and had no room to show off! I do also have a few freebies to mention but I'll save most of those for next week!  The zombie invasion continues as I grabbed a few more freebies from Amazon-not sure if I'll get any of them read during my Horror Month of March but we'll see! So far in March from the list I compiled, I have completed 8 full length books, three novellas around 150 pages, and 7 short stories which isn't bad at all. I still have a few books I want to get read but I'm getting through them at good speed! 
 
The paperbacks are all shiny and new and I just love the sight of the delivery guy bringing those brown Amazon boxes to me! It's that book buzz! The Slip trilogy by David Estes has been on my wishlist for a while so I decided to grab the set at the same time. I had already bought the first two in the Salem's Revenge series so I snagged, book 3-Burn as well. The covers are so great that I'm showing them all off here! I love the covers of the Aurora Sky books so I just felt the urge to buy them-yes I know, I'm weak and sad but they sound so good! I have already read Voyage of the Dead and enjoyed it so I grabbed it in paperback with book 2 for added zombie fun. Midway is a companion novella to The Harvesting which I recently enjoyed and The Prophecy of Sky is a companion novel to Max and the Gatekeeper, a book I liked a while back. So I have high hopes for this haul!
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 
PAPERBACKS:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

33 comments:

  1. Yay! I've heard of David Estes. Quite often I don't know the authors that you read but at least this week I know one! Ha! I hope you enjoy these! My Haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next month is Indie Author Month on my blog so I HOPE to read the whole Moon Dwellers series at last...and maybe a few of these trilogies if I can fit them in. Should be an exciting month ahead!

      Delete
  2. Ah, the Aurora Sky series. Nice. Hope you find them entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly look good! I've had ebook copies that I never got round to reading so maybe this will inspire me to get reading them.

      Delete
  3. The Slip series looks pretty good. I really like those covers. Hope you enjoy everything you got! :)

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll be reading a lot of David Estes books over the next couple of months! He writes faster than I can read!!!

      Delete
  4. Oh today they're all new to me! I hope you'll enjoy them all. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have high hopes for this book haul!

      Delete
  5. This haul looks amazing. I have heard mixed things about the Aurora Sky series. I hope that you like it.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing is if I don't like the books I can trade them to my friend in exchange for an Amazon voucher...it's a win-win situation!

      Delete
  6. Oh man, what a huge haul, Chuckles! I hope you'll enjoy all of these, and that the zombies will be scary enough for you ;)
    Happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last night I was reading about raging zombies on the Titanic so it's been a good zombie week so far!

      Delete
  7. Great haul – hope you enjoy your books! I got the Aurora Sky books also. I loved book one.
    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get to that one during my Indie Author month in April-I'm already planning out my reads for that!

      Delete
  8. As always, a cool selection of titles I wouldn't have otherwise come across. I'm utterly consumed by a Clive Barker theme this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read anything of Clive Barker for years but I did like the first three Hellraiser films-I love imaginative bad guys!

      Delete
  9. Ooh, love some of these covers! Hope you enjoy 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally LOVE the cover for Burn-when you see the paperback, it is gorgeous! I can never resist good covers...

      Delete
  10. Nice haul! I keep seeing the Aurora Sky books around and I have to say that I'm totally intrigued. So many pretty books, I hope you enjoy them all!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited by this haul as they all look sooo good! I hope they live up to expectations!

      Delete
  11. OMG I love that cover on Burn. That series has been on my radar and you may have just pushed me over the age. What was the zombie titanic book you were reading - I think I own one like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burn is gorgeous isn't it? I liked the sound of the series and when I saw the cover for Brew I had to buy it as I love sunflowers-and Burn is the best cover of the three!

      The zombie book was Deck Z: The Titanic by Chris Pauls. It was a better book than I expected once it got into the story and mixes facts about Titanic with the zombie fiction nicely.

      Delete
  12. I've heard REALLY good things about David Estes! I kind of seriously need to try those... hope they're totally amazing and YAY for getting through so many books this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read David's 'Moon Dwellers' and it is one of the best dystopian books I've ever read. I have the rest of that series to read as I've been saving it up for a while-and next month is my Indie Author month so I plan to read them all! Hope to read the Aurora Sky books next month as well. Excited!

      Delete
  13. Nice haul! A month of horror sounds... Well, I don't want to say horrible, but you know what I mean. Horror books are the worst, I admire that you can handle dedicating a whole month to them :)
    Here's my Stacking the Shelves: https://victoriajaynesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/03/14/stacking-the-shelves-4/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been swamped with zombies this month! I don't know what it is about them but I just can''t resist a zombie book! I grabbed a few this week which will be on next week's STS.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to a bit of vampire fun after all these zombies...!

      Delete
  15. I haven't seen any of these before, but they all look really interesting! I hope you enjoy everything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy! If they are as good as they look, I'll be happy!

      Delete
  16. Aaah. The delivery guy is a wonderful sight. I get so excited when I come home from work and there is a package on my door step. It's a great feeling. :)

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting on a nice dvd package at the moment which I hope to have on Friday...hurrah! Nothing is as exciting as the delivery guy!

      Delete
  17. Those David Estes book look great! Thanks for stopping by my newest additions. I hope you enjoy all these. Happy Reading!


    ReplyDelete