Monday, 2 March 2015

Reading with Chuckles #27


Welcome to Reading with Chuckles! This is where I fill you in on what I'm reading each week-what it is, where I got it or heard about it, what I think of it, if I'm continuing with it or abandoning it and any special offers I'm aware of where you can try the book yourself. Comments are welcome but no spoilers please! It's not fair to other readers!

OK this was a week where I got a few books read and abandoned a whole pile. Still, it all counts towards reducing the pile of tbrs so either way I'm happy! I am happy to report that I finished the very funny Fat Vampire series today!


These are the books that I abandoned this week and the reasons for DNFing. Fire & Flood had an MC too dumb to leave the house unattended, Seven Kinds of Hell had info dumps that made the book sooo slow, Maze Runner had a moronic MC and too many unanswered questions in the early part of the story to keep me interested, ACID was confusing, The Fearless had plot holes you could drive a truck through with obnoxious characters, Starship Troopers was sci-fi waffle and info dump hell and Z Minus 1 had the worst MC I have ever experienced EVER!







5 comments:

  1. I'm a new reader, and I think hat your blog has this really cool humour to it c;

    Guess who just because your 29th follower!

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always great to see a new follower! *waves* I've followed you back through bloglovin!

      Delete
  2. lol. I love your DNF reasons. :) Bummer to hear about a few as I have on my want list (though with the way things are going, I won't get to many there with these shelves that are bowing).

    Thank you!! Hope the week goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't let my opinion put you off something you like the sound of-I'm a picky reader!

      Delete
    2. Oh no. :) I just have sooo many books waiting for me here ON the shelves that I don't think I can pick up any more. Besides, I think husband will have a bird if I buy to many more. lol!

      Delete