Monday, 9 March 2015

Reading with Chuckles #28


Welcome to Reading with Chuckles! This is where I fill you in on what I'm reading each week-what it is, where I got it or heard about it, what I think of it, if I'm continuing with it or abandoning it and any special offers I'm aware of where you can try the book yourself. Comments are welcome but no spoilers please! It's not fair to other readers!

I've had to battle insomnia recently which has made me really tired-tough to get your reading motivation going when you are too tired to see the words on the page! So I gritted my teeth and tried to get on with it the best I could. I was delighted to still read 3 full novels, 3 novellas approx 150 pages each, and 6 short stories. Nice! Lots of zombies, vampires and werewolves...yea!

The first three are short stories from the Jaz Parks series by Jennifer Rardin. The first first two were good reads but the other was average. The next three were short stories from the Women of the Otherworld series which were a mixed bag. Nothing very interesting about Bargain but the other two were decent. The next three were the 150 page novellas, the first two by Kelley Armstrong were good and other was a zombie book that got dumber as it went on. The three novels were all excellent reads.



  





3 comments:

  1. Great week of reading. I am envious but with working full-time and dealing with family, I am grateful for the time I do get to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't read until after 5pm at night as I don't have time during the day. I very rarely read during the day. I wish I could! I'd get much more done...

      Delete
  2. Oh I've wanted to try the Jaz series. It does look so good. :) Sorry about the insomnia and hope this week is a bit better in the sleep department for you.

    ReplyDelete