Monday, 30 March 2015

Reading with Chuckles #31


Welcome to Reading with Chuckles! This is where I fill you in on what I'm reading each week-what it is, where I got it or heard about it, what I think of it, if I'm continuing with it or abandoning it and any special offers I'm aware of where you can try the book yourself. Comments are welcome but no spoilers please! It's not fair to other readers!

This week was terrible for the damn insomnia! I was too tired at the start of last week to get anything done but the good news is that the last couple of days I have felt a bit more alert during the day and been able to read a bit. Yea! I HOPE this insomnia spell is passing now and I can get back into my mad reading spree! So this week I tackled mostly short stories, reading a few and abandoning a few. Dead Meat and Outage were good reads which I finished.  The Dead Years and Contamination were not so good but I completed them. The rest were abandoned due to various issues: State of Emergency (whiny idiot MC), Owl and the Japanese Circus (not bad but the MC's love life bored me), Kinetic (group of dreadful characters), Zombie Resurrection (dreadful writing) and Dead Days (poor plot and characters).

BOOKS FINISHED: 






BOOKS ABANDONED: 


6 comments:

  1. You got a lot done, in spite of your insomnia. It's almost April. Hope spring's good to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it's April already. Where is the time going??? I need to get more reading done!

      Delete
  2. I can see what you mean with her love life, but I enjoyed Owl and the Japanese Circus - it was different enough from the usual UF story that I breezed through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I just can't be annoyed with the plots slowing down to go into some dramatic drama over the MC's love life. I just like the author to get on with the real story!

      Delete
  3. It's always neat to see the books you abandoned in the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *grins* The authors probably wouldn't agree with you!

      Delete