Friday, 6 March 2015

Film Review: Barnyard (2006)


When the farmer's away, all the animals play ... and sing, and dance. Eventually, though, someone has to step in and run things, a responsibility that ends up going to Otis, a carefree cow.

My Review:
Can I mention just how much I love this film? It is by far the funniest and most entertaining animated film that I have ever seen and I never get tired of watching this and singing along with the songs. I love Wild Mike so much! (right)

Ben is the leader of the Barnyard-solid, responsible and calm, and he is trying to get his wild, carefree adopted son Otis to shoulder some of the burden. Otis is, however, a party cow and likes to hang out with his friends and the bad influence Jersey Cows (right). Every night, the barnyard rocks and boogies with great songs like Hittin' the Hay and Wild and Free. Love it!

We have funny human characters like the kind Farmer, nosy interfering Mrs Beady and her deadbeat husband,  the dumbass pizza delivery kids and the snotty little boy that likes to go cow tipping with his friends. There are seriously funny bits like the musical numbers, the mechanical man-ride, Dag getting justice delivered, Otis and the Jersey Cows going after the snotty boy, Wild Mike on the rampage, and Otis messing around with the postman. Brilliant comedy!

star rating photo: 5 Star Rating 5stars.jpg

4 comments:

  1. I completely forgot that this movie exists! I haven't seen it, even though I adore animated movies about animals! I probably should. *adds to watch list*

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love this! I have the film, soundtrack and the dvds released from the TV series. Addicted!

      Delete
  2. Oh it's been so long since I've seen this! It came out when my son was little and we loved it too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was such a funny film-I really could watch it every day...

      Delete