Monday, 26 October 2015

The Apple Cider Vinegar Health Experiment #2

I have recently been reading about the health benefits of taking regular doses of ACV and it made fascinating reading. So my dad and I decided to get some and have an experiment, noting any benefits and side effects. I'm doing my analysis in the form of a blog diary so others interested can follow my progress.

Ok as a quick recap, I started using this on Thursday. I chose to start by taking a teaspoon of the 'Mother Virus' as we jokingly call her, diluted in 200mls of water, 3 times a day. I've been taking this reduced dose just to get my system used to it before I step up to the recommended dose of 3 tablespoons per day. 

The taste is acidic but I got round that by adding Ribena to the glass which vastly improves the flavour I'm glad to say! I'm now stepping up to two teaspoons a day to see how it goes. I am drinking it through a straw to avoid any acid erosion to the teeth and using a medicated mouthwash afterwards just to be on the safe side.

GOOD EFFECTS:
-already I feel less bloated, and it is having a great effect on water retension in the body. I'm certainly getting rid of more fluid.
-my dad recovered very quickly from an acid reflux episode last night. Usually an attack of that has him up all night feeling ill and drinking litres of water but he had recovered in 20 minutes with one litre of water which was a great improvement!

ILL EFFECTS:
-none so far! 

I'm happy with how things are going so far. Being on a low dose to begin with means it will take longer to see the health benefits but I'd rather start slow!

No comments:

Post a Comment