Thursday, 22 October 2015

The Apple Cider Vinegar Health Experiment #1

I have recently been reading about the health benefits of taking regular doses of ACV and it made fascinating reading. So my dad and I decided to get some and have an experiment, noting any benefits and side effects. I'm doing my analysis in the form of a blog diary so others interested can follow my progress.

What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Well,  it is what it says it is! Taken several times a day it is said to have health benefits or can be used to fight specific conditions, treat colds etc. I'm going for the 3 regular doses per day as an overall health experiment. I have opted to take this full strength version as I see little point in taking a diluted version from the shops. It was suggested that I buy Braggs version from Amazon, which is organic, raw, unfiltered and contains 'The Mother' which is the bit with the best health  benefits. 

So, what are the alleged health benefits? I have taken these benefits from health web sites and product reviews to give you an example:
-healthy skin and nails
-healthy immune system
-removes sludge from the body
-can assist in weight loss
-reduces sugar cravings
-anti viral and anti fungal properties
-eliminates water retension and bloating
-relieves muscles aches
-helps insomnia
-treats acid reflux and heartburn
-provides more energy and relieves tiredness 
-controls blood sugar 

This is pretty exciting! It is nearly 5pm and I took my first dose thirty minutes ago. I decided to take a reduced level for a week to let my system get used to it so for my first dose I took one teaspoon diluted in 200mls of water. I have had a bit of belching since then which is a good sign! As I'm taking a third of the suggested dose, I can't comment on what people said about it tasting vile. All I taste so far is water with a slight taste to it. I will be updating at least once a week with any changes I have to report!

Have you tried ACV? Did it work for you? Comments welcome!

3 comments:

  1. Will I have the same effects if I use it for cooking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that it is sometimes used by people as salad dressing, a bit like lemon juice. I think using it in cooking should be the same-I can't see why not. Maybe google it and see what people say about strength or diluting it for cooking, just to be sure.

      Delete
  2. Good sharing, for healthy purpose, apple cider vinegar (ACV) helps to boost metabolism, blocks the body’s storage of dietary fat plus breaks down and dissolves existing body fat. A study at Australia’s University of Sydney in which subjects who consumed two tablespoon of ACV daily experienced fewer surges and crashes in blood sugar levels. Read more at:
    http://kidbuxblog.com/apple-cider-vinegar-acv-helps-to-boost-metabolism/

    ReplyDelete