Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Harry Potter Spells Book Tag!


I heard about this mega awesome Harry Potter book tag from recently visiting the lovely Heather at http://redheatherduff.blogspot.co.uk/

This tag was created by http://www.kimberlyfayereads.com/2015/09/21/harry-potter-spells-book-tag/

so if you want to take part you can follow that link (hopefully it is working!) and easily snag all the gorgeous graphics provided! Then you can answer all the fun questions about your books!


 
1. An upcoming release you wish you could get your hands on right now.



 I mean seriously, why must I wait until next year to get my hands on this Morganville Vampires anthology???



2. Favorite series starter.

 

                                           


 As soon as I started reading it, I wanted to stay up all night to finish it and couldn't wait to read the rest of the trilogy!



3. A book that gave you all the warm fuzzies.



This was my favourite childhood book and I still have my original copy and read it regularly! I love the cartoon bears sneaking out in the dark for a scary adventure! Very cute and funny!



4. A book that made you ugly cry.



I sobbed. I wailed. I howled at the unfairness of it all. I was devastated by the end of this book and I'm pretty sure the film is going to be as tough!



5. Bookish hero or heroine you want around to protect you in real life.




 Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings. He's tough, strong, intelligent, witty, and in the films he is seriously hot! *Sigh*



6. A book you intentionally spoiled for yourself.



 I just had to look a few chapters ahead to see if the poor dog survived being trapped in a truck, surrounded by zombies! It didn't spoil the book as we were only halfway through but I just HAD to know!



7. A book you wish you could make everyone read because you loved it so much.




 This is my all time favourite stand alone book. It is clever and scary and brilliant with a killer clown, lepers, werewolves, nasty bullies that want you dead, flying leeches, and every monster you can think of-and kids are the stars!



8. A book or series you wish never ended.


 


 It's not that I didn't want it to end-I liked the ending. But I want lots of prequels! The 7 years that James and Sirius were at Hogwarts, the forming of the Order of the Phoenix and their battles with Death Eaters, the fate of Neville's family, the Death Eater Trials...MORE!


9. A book with an uplifting ending or message.



 I can't think of anything more uplifting than this film crew and their doctor giving up their, time, supplies and strength to try to save lives during a disaster on Everest. Great book.



10. A book you wish you could forgot you ever read.



Domestic violence is not love. These two nutters needed locking up for the mental and physical abuse they heaped on each other. I want to reach into my head and rip out the part of my brain that feels unclean for reading this!



11. An author whose books always get you out of a slump.



 When I hit a reading slump and all else fails, I sit and listen to my Harry Potter audio books and laugh at Stephen Fry's brilliant reading of it. Or I grab one of my Harry Potter books. It always works.



12. A swoon-worthy hero or heroine.



 Bones! I mean, BONES! He's hot, smart, funny, kickass and would die to protect you plus he reminds me so much of Spike, from Buffy the Vampire Slayer! What more could you want?



13. A book that caused you to stop doing all other things until you finished it.



 All my favourite characters were in danger! One died! Others tortured! Argghh! I just had to find out if everyone was safe! My favourite book in the series by far! Loved it!



14. A book that was painful to read (for whatever reason) or broke you.



 Oh jeez this book broke my heart and then somebody stamped on every bit left and ate each timy fragment and then laughed. This book had me blubbering like a baby and I cursed the author many times!



15. A book that had you laughing out loud.



'Time of the month' takes on a whole new meaning when you are a secret werewolf trying to keep your fur shaved off and appearing normal when drunk on wolfsbane...very funny scenarios!



16. A book that made you want to send it (or your eReader) flying.



Rarg! And not in a good way! I get so angry when I read books where the guy is a violent rapist who stalks and attacks his screaming victim and then suddenly as he's about to rape her she desires him and then she is in love with him. No, no and NO! Sexual violence is not romance!



17. Bookish world you wish you could visit.



 I'm trying so hard not to have a Harry Potter answer for each of these questions but this just had to be chosen. Who wouldn't want to be a good witch with all those spells and shops, going to Hogwarts, and all those amazing things! If I could just take electricity with me, I'd be happy!



18. A book with a shocking twist or ending.



 I wouldn't say any of the twists shocked me but I found them darn exciting! I loved the tests and the survival race and the whole thing was a tension filled rollercoaster ride!



19. A character death that destroyed you.



 Two words. Malfoy Manor. I will never ever forgive that woman for it!



20. Best series conclusion.



 Sorry, I can't look past The Battle of Hogwarts! The whole book was awesome but so much happened in it-I laughed, I cied, I cheered, I worried. Great end to a fantastic series!


So there you are, my picks! There are no set rules to this tag so you can tag people if you want or leave it open to anyone who wants to join in. Please join in! Just comment below if you are joining in so I can go to your post!


I TAG YOU!

 

 

 




6 comments:

  1. Yay! Awesome list, it is such a good tag! I think dogs should be banned from being in any sort of novel where they could come a cropper, I have got an interview lined up for Halloween with an author who put a cute dachshund in a creepy story so I have asked why he put me through it!!!!

    Hunger Games was such a brilliant first book and Aragorn, yes he could protect me anytime too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, no cute dogs in dangerous zombie situations! I mean it's not like Dog could just pick up a gun and shoot his way to safety! I recently read a book where a poor beagle called Woof was in danger every page! Darn you Jack Kilborn!

      Delete
  2. Oh this is neat. I like the idea. :) And yes. I'll take Aragon any day to protect me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having Viggo AND Sean Bean in the same film was LOTR heaven!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I think if I made everyone read it, a lot of people would have nightmares! *wicked laugh*

      Delete