Saturday, 3 October 2015

Stacking the Shelves #104


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!

Another week has gone by and I can feel a big change in temperature which means that winter is just around the corner...YES! Cold nights with a warm bed, hot chocolate, films and great books! I just can't wait! And of course it is my Spooky Booky month so I'm just reading books with a horror or scary theme to it. I've already been reading about zombies and cannibals so it's been a good start to the month, AND I watched the first Resident Evil film yesterday on dvd. I love that film! I haven't had time to colour though and I hope to try and get a couple of films looked at tonight along with some reading. I feel a bit of improvement in my never ending headcold so MAYBE it is finally getting better! Lots to be happy about this week and a nice book haul to tell you about!

On the subject of books, I read a nice gory ebook last week by Jack Kilborn, Blake Crouch and others, called Draculas. I bought it in paperback as I enjoyed it so much. I recommend it if you like an over the top, funny, gory horror romp! I also bought the paperback version of a good zombie book I read recently called Burn the Dead by Steven Jenkins. I did go and raid the amazon sales again so I have enough new books to cover at least two or three more STS posts! Still, I love my books and I DON'T CARE!



DOWNLOADS:



BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:







ADULT COLOURING BOOKS:




27 comments:

  1. I just got a bunch of colouring books too... very good for stress! I keep meaning to try Red Queen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if it's really going to be my thing but I'll give it a go anyway! I'm trying to branch out and read a few different things sometimes!

      Delete
  2. I love the whole Resident Evil franchise!!!! The coloring books are awesome! I have the Enchanted Forest one! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a zombie colouring book available but I'm not buying it unless it comes down in price a bit! I did pre-order the Harry Potter one though! The first Resident Evil book was really good-looking forward to reading more!

      Delete
  3. Draculas was a lot of fun - good old fashioned slasher flick mayhem on the page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Benny the Clown and his alternative balloon animals!

      Delete
  4. Oooh Red Queen! I got that back in August but still haven't read it. Story of my life! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean-I buy all these new books and never get round to reading most of them! I AM going to do better!!!

      Delete
  5. You certainly did buy all the books. I did, too, so it's ok. I still haven't read Red Queen yet, hopefully soon. Great haul! Enjoy!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way I see it, books are my only vice! I don't spend money on drink, cigarettes, gambling, clothes, girlie stuff etc so lets spend the money on books instead!

      Delete
    2. They're my only vice, too. Therefore, I feel no guilt for buying huge piles of books!

      Delete
  6. I am so happy autumn is here, I am enjoying the cooler weather. I don't really do anything special with october and just read what I normally do. Those three new colouring books you got look great! I hope you will enjoy them. I also have the enchanted forest one, although I've only coloured one page so far. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still colouring the flowers on the first page of my first colouring book! Still testing colour combinations to see what works...just haven't had time to do much this week, sadly!

      Delete
  7. I love Enchanted Forest, her new one is coming out this month too, think it is ocean themed. Colouring in is ace!!!

    I feel the need at the minute to read bloody books so that is why I bought Battle Royale it looks like it will be suitable gory!

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the look of the Ocean one-I love the thought of colouring sea horses! Battle Royale has been sitting in my room for years unread. My dad liked it but said all the names confused him so he suggested I write down all the cast as a reminder. Erk! Not sure I could be bothered doing that! He loves the films but I haven't seen them yet.

      Delete
  8. Even if I haven't read any I heard great things about some. I hope you'll like them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited by this week's haul!

      Delete
  9. I have been eyeing Gerald and may have to check out Draculas. Me, Earl and the Dying Girl was a good book...but not scary - haha. We watched the new Poltergeust last night and it was OK but not great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about watching the new Poltergeist film-I loved the originals so much and a lot of these remakes are pretty bad!

      Delete
  10. I loved Red Queen! Hope you enjoy it. I'm stealing your "Buy All The Books" image. It's so me! I'm loving the turn to the cold weather. I wish I could read all scary books this month, and I would if all my review books were. Oh well. Thanks for stopping by my STS earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the Buy all the Books logo online and thought it just sounded like me! I feel the urge to constantly buy all the books! *grins*

      Delete
  11. There's a few here I'm curious about. The Red Queen is one of them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been so much in two minds over The Red Queen but I figured the worst that can happen is I don't like it so I might as well give it a go!

      Delete
  12. I bet you are having fun with all those Resident Evils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read the first one so far. I'm telling myself I need to read some that have been sitting on my shelf for a while first!

      Delete
  13. Oh my goodness, Chuckles, you have a very, very nice selection of books this week! I hope you'll enjoy them all, once you're finished with Spooky books, that is ;)
    Have a fantastic rest of the week!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete