Wednesday, 23 November 2016

TV Review-Game of Thrones series 5


I've had these box sets for a while and had never watched a single episode until I watched season 1 last month. This review of season five will be free of plot spoilers and will only contain vague general thoughts about who I like and dislike so it will be safe to look at if you haven't watched the series yet.

My favourite characters in series 5:
Tyrion Lannister
Daenerys Targaryen
Jon Snow
Margaery Tyrell
Olenna Tyrell
Jorah Mormont
Samwell Tarly
Varys
Davos Seaworth
Brienne 
Bronn
Podrick 
Tormund Giantsbane

Next are the ones I still wanted to see die a horrible death:
Cersei Lannister
Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish
Balon Greyjoy
Melisandre
Stannis Baratheon
Ramsay Snow
Walder Frey
Roose Bolton
The Mountain 
Meryn Trant
Janos Slynt
Alliser Thorne
Olyvar
Myranda
Pycelle
Sons of the Harpy
High Sparrow
Ellaria Sand 
Olly

Urgh...hurts...I'm still shocked by the events of series 5. I'm not sure how many tears I have left in me. Episode nine was frankly horrific and I can't quite believe that happened. I kept thinking that it would be stopped somehow. *sobs* And then the last scene of episode ten was just heartbreaking. *blubbers* A few people got what was coming to them but my hate list is getting very long...

4 comments:

  1. Oof, yeah, the season finale of series five is a gut punch. Take heart though, season six is one of the best!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a gripping series...now I'm looking forward to seeing what happened in each of those mini cliffhangers! I'm restraining myself for a few days to finish my readi ng challenges for the month...not sure I CAN wait!

      Delete
  2. I definitely noticed right off the bat that the hate list is growing :). What are you going to doing once you're all caught up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chuckles will not forgive some on that list and seeks revenge! It is getting to be a long list! I'm not sure what I can watch next to match this series!

      Delete