Monday, 28 November 2016

Chuckles Childhood Book Loves


The latest installment of this series of posts about all the reading phases I went through looks now at the books I loved that aren't in the other categories mentioned so far. These were some of my favourites as a kid so lets call it Kids Classics!




There are a lot of titles among the kids classics that I know I read like Tom's Midnight Garden, Charlotte's Web, Five Children and It etc but to be honest I don't remember if I actually liked them! After being in hospital when I was ten I wanted to be a nurse for a few months and started reading this great nursing series which I reread and enjoyed recently:


I never did go into nursing! But at least I liked the books! Have you read any of these? Did you like them?

4 comments:

  1. OMG! I ADORED Charlotte's Web as a child - go figure, even then I loved books with animal characters. I also really liked The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I really enjoy revisiting some of these childhood classics with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent hours inside my gran's huge old wardrobe in amongst her fur coats searching for Narnia but I never found it! That was so disappointing and I think of it every time I eat turkish delight!

      Delete
  2. Roald Dahl books were a huge part of my childhood, thinking about them always brings me such good memories :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic Mr Fox was my favourite-it gave me a lifelong loves of foxes and I've had some great encounters with them in my garden!

      Delete